ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Quoted from Mike Fegan:

We spent a lot of time at the motion capture studio at Deakin University; we spent two weeks there with A grade cricketers to capture their movements

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Weak sauce, Agnad. You don't reply because you're wrong and just making stuff up. Please link to the "general consensus" you're referring to...

It's a different actor with all new animation with multiple reference points of proof.

Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
Perhaps because they are the general motions you make when playing cricket?

Same shot looks different when played by different people!!! The mo-cap that I saw in that vid looked very similar to the previous game (and not only me...a lot of the people pointed it out themselves), like that pull shot off the front foot and then hanging his head in that 'about to take a run' position that we had in IC2010.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's a different actor with all new animation with multiple reference points of proof.
We should all just give in and accept this is just International Cricket 2010 Ashes Cricket 2009 Cricket 07 Cricket Revolution Cricket 2004 Grand Theft Auto 3 rebadged!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
We should all just give in and accept this is just International Cricket 2010 Ashes Cricket 2009 Cricket 07 Cricket Revolution Cricket 2004 Grand Theft Auto 3 rebadged!

Nicolas Cage Cricket is founded on this very principal.

raghavhari

School Cricketer
apart from the screenshots.....i definetely hope that trickster has done something special to make the gameplay excellent....never mind the screenshots...after taking such a long gap they will not copy anything from previous releases...lets wait for gameplay....

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
What it proves is that it's not 'all about the gameplay' in 2013 however important that may be

The thing with graphics now is we're at the stage where they seriously effect overall immersion levels in games. I actually loaded up AC2009 last week just to have a look, and graphically it is fine, a little outdated perhaps compared to big budget games of that era, but that's to be expected when you're building a game for a small market and on a small budget. It is also a game where if you have a good enough computer, you can turn up stuff in your gfx card control panel to make it look even better, texture wise anyway. Where AC2009 really loses out graphically, is the lighting. It is a very dull looking game, which is something that looks a lot better in this years game. The actual quality of the screenshots is truly terrible, but people judging the actual gameplay mechanics from five poor quality screenshots are...well, let's say ignorant and clueless, just to be polite.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Where AC2009 really loses out graphically, is the lighting.

Totally agree with you on this... I found the "night matches" visually horrible when I crank it up these days, even with a pretty decent graphics card nothing "pops" on screen under lights, it certainly looks visually more cartoony than the day matches (and I very rarely ever play night matches).

I'm going to wind it up later on and try and recreate the in-game shots to compare directly with these new images to put this 'Looks like the old game' argument to bed, but I'm with you 100% on the lighting in AC09. It wasn't that great, and certainly looks better in these first preview images.

007avenger007

Club Captain
list of clueless people...

The thing with graphics now is we're at the stage where they seriously effect overall immersion levels in games. I actually loaded up AC2009 last week just to have a look, and graphically it is fine, a little outdated perhaps compared to big budget games of that era, but that's to be expected when you're building a game for a small market and on a small budget. It is also a game where if you have a good enough computer, you can turn up stuff in your gfx card control panel to make it look even better, texture wise anyway. Where AC2009 really loses out graphically, is the lighting. It is a very dull looking game, which is something that looks a lot better in this years game. The actual quality of the screenshots is truly terrible, but people judging the actual gameplay mechanics from five poor quality screenshots are...well, let's say ignorant and clueless, just to be polite.

^^ this...
also who are clueless are those who are judging the mechanics positively just by looking at the screenshots (gotta be fair u know!)

and another group of people who are clueless are those saying that the graphics look "good" or "fair" or "average"... it looks bad ... admit it... dont motivate the developers from giving us *crab*... and becuase i trust trickstar is the reason i hope its just the *crabby* screens and not the actual game that looks bad...

I'm gonna be extra careful when looking at further screenshots AFTER the release before i buy this game.....

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^^ this...
also who are clueless are those who are judging the mechanics positively just by looking at the screenshots (gotta be fair u know!)

and another group of people who are clueless are those saying that the graphics look "good" or "fair" or "average"... it looks bad ... admit it... dont motivate the developers from giving us *crab*... and becuase i trust trickstar is the reason i hope its just the *crabby* screens and not the actual game that looks bad...

I'm gonna be extra careful when looking at further screenshots AFTER the release before i buy this game.....

No sensible person ever judged the game's mechanism by seeing the screenshots.

Those screenshots look good, much better than the ones from the previous years.

Nizamnitro

School Cricketer
Rain of negativity is pouring down on ASHES'13!
Only a big Umbrella can save them!.
#Umbrella=Strong gameplay.
:lol:spy:cheers

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
Perhaps because they are the general motions you make when playing cricket?

lol if the general motions in IC 2010 are anywhere near to real cricket then we must be watching different sports. The animations in both Ashes and IC 2010 were horrible and cringe worthy, especially batting ones.

And yeah, that mo cap video they posted on Youtube, everyone thought the animations were same crap ones they did for IC 2010 etc. That dude is seen pulling off the front foot with head falling sidways and back bending forwards, holding his bat pointing towards sky after every shot like a statue, EXACTLY like in Ashes game and NOT like what cricketers do in real life. Unless they release a proper footage of gameplay, I am still 90% sure that the animations are same crap ones we have seen since Ashes 2009. I hope not. I hope the silly shots are removed. I want this game to be good.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
So now people are saying same guy who did the last games mo-cap:facepalm. These are different to the last games but they are only 5 screens and we know the game has like 80 shot animations. The screens are good but if I was 505 games I would have picked better ones to show of the game after a hell of a long wait. Maybe a close up of cook and Clarke playing a shot would have made more sense. Still better than nothing, hoping for more very soon and couple of good trailers to turn around all this negative feeling over the last 24 hours. p.s Chief any chance you can release better shots than these ones. Thanks, can't wait for the 21st of june.;)

----------

Rain of negativity is pouring down on ASHES'13!
Only a big Umbrella can save them!.
#Umbrella=Strong gameplay.
:lol:spy:cheers

You came back, please say hello to your brother from all of us, biggs is his number one fan.:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread