First Screenshots Released

Nikhil V

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
Those graphics look big time disappointing.I had much bigger hopes for this game,it was all hype.It looks like a patched version of Brain Lara Cricket when it comes to player modals.Though the stadium,pitch & out field are looking nice.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Maybe I am missing something but how can a few screenshots be an indicator of how good or bad the game is? They are just screenshots - nothing less and nothing more :confused:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think we've now had the game compared to every other one out there - perhaps its safe to say it is a cricket game?

It's also great that we get pages on end of people talking about how gameplay is so important to them and that they don't care about graphics - a few screenshots get posted and then rage enuses because they never look good enough.

This is the first time I can think of for the first screenshots not being over-processed and totally unrealistic angles. A few people posted the press shots for AC09 and IC10 - the game never looked like that in regular gameplay, because they are taking a shot of cut scenes - this I genuinely believe is real in game shots. I hope that it's just some underpowered PC that is making things look a bit bad around the edges, but I think these are far better than previous games.

My test for this, comes from a press photo we got of Woakes and Chief - in the background there are two televisions, one showing the Sky coverage of a match in progress, the other showing AC13 -
a1.jpg

I think they've very well captured the look of cricket games from how close they are.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
After all the bragging and 'spanking new engine' talks- is this what they come up with? These look like pre alpha shots ( I assume they are).
I hope the game is better than these visuals.

Its Probably Console Version with No AA.I Like the lightning which they have achieved.

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
There is so much hate about the screenshots. IMO they are just fine, and animations look different from AshesIC2010. So there is some hope for this game.

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
So many folk talking about how good the screens look. I don't know what games people have been playing up until now but the graphics look pretty average. Now whether it's the anti aliasing setting, or early beta images I don't know. But it seems like a massive step back in terms of graphics. At this stage of the current gen console life cycle you would expect much more detailed images. I know the game is not Crysis 3 and I didn't expect it to be, but would have liked to have seen some improvements graphically compared to previous titles.

Yes graphics aren't everything, but that's what I'm judging because it's what we were given. I know I'm criticizing it a lot, but as a cricket fan and a paying consumer I just want a good looking game, that plays well too. Hopefully, the gameplay is where the game shines. Will be looking forward to gameplay footage closer to the release date.

Last edited:

raghavhari

School Cricketer
screenshots are good.....now waiting for gameplay which is the heart and soul of the game....

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the first time I can think of for the first screenshots not being over-processed and totally unrealistic angles. A few people posted the press shots for AC09 and IC10 - the game never looked like that in regular gameplay, because they are taking a shot of cut scenes - this I genuinely believe is real in game shots. I hope that it's just some underpowered PC that is making things look a bit bad around the edges, but I think these are far better than previous games.

Exactly...

I genuinely believe anyone saying it looks like AC09 or IC10 has never played those titles. As a huge fan of AC09, I can see the huge difference and can honestly say it's a good looking improvement and clearly in-game, not a quicktime event or cutscene. But for good measure someone now needs to "balkeet it" and roll by and compare it with EA2002 or something because that's "constructive"...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's also great that we get pages on end of people talking about how gameplay is so important to them and that they don't care about graphics - a few screenshots get posted and then rage enuses because they never look good enough.
Whenever I need a good laugh will just think of this :noway

What it proves is that it's not 'all about the gameplay' in 2013 however important that may be

kamesh85

Club Cricketer
some of them posted AC09 and IC10 screenshot..but i think those screenshots are better than the current one..

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think these are pretty good screenies. It isn't much different from IC10 but it's good. I would rate the quality as IC10++!! :p

I don't think it would be fair to criticise a game like AC13 just based on some screenshots. Folks have to understand that a niche game like this won't have the high GFX quality that many popular modern games have; the budget won't cut it.

I understand the fact that graphics quality adds up to the immersion/realism, whatever you may want to call it. But at the end of the day, it's the GAMEPLAY which matters the most. I can't speak about other folks around here, but as I've said before, a cricket game with solid gameplay is what I desire. The GFX quality of AC13 surely can't go below AC09/IC10, if not improve upon those titles. Now if it does have a solid and challenging gameplay, I don't think people will have any problem.

Do we criticise AC09/IC10 for GFX quality? No.. we criticise those titles for some game breaking flaws/bugs that they have. Now if someone is expecting brilliant graphics quality in those games, they are simply dreaming.

People still play heavily patched C07 which graphically isn't the best game out there to say the least. Surely it points out to the fact that people enjoy gameplay more than anything else.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Whenever I need a good laugh will just think of this :noway

What it proves is that it's not 'all about the gameplay' in 2013 however important that may be

Well its wrong to equate all these comments about graphics with what is more important to a gamer making these comments!! Graphics in this age 'are' an important part of the whole experience, there is no question about that, hence you have a review parameter with an equal weight attached to it in 'all the reviews'!!!

However, saying that for these people graphics are more important than gameplay etc is just unfair! All the comments we are hearing are based on the information that has been provided to us....and that information is the graphics, the look of the game, the textures and the lighting with these screenshots, therefore the only comments you will hear (and should hear) are ones related to the graphics! Am sure when a gameplay video is released, you will hear more about graphics + animations + fluidity of the game. Then when the final game is released you will hear the comments about the complete game, including the gameplay! It is obvious that people would not come out and say, 'Oh the gameplay is so stunning' or 'Oh the gameplay is just crap' after seeing some random pictures from the game!!

For the gamers of this generation (whether it is a cricket game or any other game), Graphics is an important aspect which 'does' have an influence on the overall feel of the game! If the graphics look bad in a game, then the gamers have an equal right without being shooed away to negatively comment on those graphics!

Its a forum!!!!! A place where people give their opinions and perspectives! Lets respect them all, whether we are in sync with them or not!

Last edited:

Fast bowler

Club Cricketer
On a positive note, i see a some hope for realistic field settings in the game. if you look at all 5 screenshots, providing they were taken while having the same field setup. there is mid on, mid off, 2 slips, gully and fine leg. that's realistic providing other 3 fielders are not crazy :D

Users who are viewing this thread