Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
many people like biggs exist who think themselves as of out of this world and always look down on others.

I think I can fit my avatar into 100x100 pixels and not threaten people over the internet...

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Well, these are pretty underwhelming, you must say. I'm not sure it's a great idea to compare graphics to AC09 or IC10, which were fundamentally flawed games. It's been 3 years since those games were released, and graphical standards have gone up since then. Saying that the game looks better than IC10 isn't really saying a whole lot.

On the plus side, the stadium (apart from the problems with the media centre that have been pointed out), the pitch, and the outfield look great, as does the actual batsman. The shots still don't seem completely realistic - a good way to check is to pull up real pictures of the same shots and see if they look similar. The forward defensive on the knees against a pace bowler (the slips are way back) doesn't make too much sense. The drive from the 5th screenie looks pretty good. I'm not sure what shot the batsman is playing in the 1st - maybe a backward legside defensive? (There is almost no footwork).

The fielders look oddly childish to me, as if their aspect ratio is off. No fielders are wearing caps/hats, which is a glaring problem from the game's predecessors. The bowler's follow through reminds me of AC09 a little. The wicketkeeper seems to have a helmet on, which seems a bit off considering a pace bowler is bowling. The crowd is...meh.

I thought this was a great, great chance for this game to regain the customers' lost faith after their self-inflicted marketing disaster, and that chance has been wasted. These graphics are average, when mind-blowing, or even state-of-the-art would've helped bring back a lot more goodwill.

I wonder what the thought process was releasing screenshots from the beta phase. This close to the release, you'd hope to have a proper build that you can show off. Also, when someone criticizes, and you respond with "oh, it's just the beta," the logical next question is, "where is the real build, then?" which just makes you look bad.

Of course, underwhelming graphics does not a game break, but this would've been a feather in the cap, a real milestone. Instead, it's all down to the gameplay now, for which we still do not have a trailer. It almost feels like back to page one.

</rant>

Fast bowler

Club Cricketer
Hahaha, Balkeet you're precious.

No, you're trolling. Being honest is providing constructive criticism like a few have provided. Saying the "screenshots show nothing" is absolute nonsense.

dude i have NO idea whats your problem with me. however after playing first-class cricket for 10yrs and playing every cricket game from cricket 2000, i am not going to say its all good without having something better !! keep your nonsense for your self mate !!!

vishalsparadise

Club Cricketer
Screenshot with improved resolution

I am just reposting one of the screenshots with improved resolution and to an extend removing the jagged edges. I hope this gives you all a better look at the graphics. :)

I wouldn't say am entirely happy with the new graphics engine (yes its new) but its looks positively different.

Attachments

• ac13.jpg
    ac13.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71

usher08

School Cricketer
oh dear the defensive shot looks terrible by the way same one as ashes cricket and is just unrealistic no one gets down that low to play it ! :/ disappointed ...

waited to long to release screenshots ... and there at this caliber simply not good enough in this day and age

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think I can fit my avatar into 100x100 pixels and not threaten people over the internet...

i cant fit my avatar into 100x100 pixels, i dont insult people on the forums and be as objective as possible.

Allrounder18

Banned
I think these are early development screen shots ,just like BA cricket released their , The lightning and contrast are out of proportion (just look at the bowl in the first screen shot its extremely shiny) , the player models look Okish ,the bat seems very small in that defensive stroke screen shot(I think IC10 and AC09 had better player models) ,

angad

Chairman of Consent
Well, these are pretty underwhelming, you must say. I'm not sure it's a great idea to compare graphics to AC09 or IC10, which were fundamentally flawed games. It's been 3 years since those games were released, and graphical standards have gone up since then. Saying that the game looks better than IC10 isn't really saying a whole lot.

On the plus side, the stadium (apart from the problems with the media centre that have been pointed out), the pitch, and the outfield look great, as does the actual batsman. The shots still don't seem completely realistic - a good way to check is to pull up real pictures of the same shots and see if they look similar. The forward defensive on the knees against a pace bowler (the slips are way back) doesn't make too much sense. The drive from the 5th screenie looks pretty good. I'm not sure what shot the batsman is playing in the 1st - maybe a backward legside defensive? (There is almost no footwork).

The fielders look oddly childish to me, as if their aspect ratio is off. No fielders are wearing caps/hats, which is a glaring problem from the game's predecessors. The bowler's follow through reminds me of AC09 a little. The wicketkeeper seems to have a helmet on, which seems a bit off considering a pace bowler is bowling. The crowd is...meh.

I thought this was a great, great chance for this game to regain the customers' lost faith after their self-inflicted marketing disaster, and that chance has been wasted. These graphics are average, when mind-blowing, or even state-of-the-art would've helped bring back a lot more goodwill.

I wonder what the thought process was releasing screenshots from the beta phase. This close to the release, you'd hope to have a proper build that you can show off. Also, when someone criticizes, and you respond with "oh, it's just the beta," the logical next question is, "where is the real build, then?" which just makes you look bad.

Of course, underwhelming graphics does not a game break, but this would've been a feather in the cap, a real milestone. Instead, it's all down to the gameplay now, for which we still do not have a trailer. It almost feels like back to page one.

</rant>

I cant believe that these are from beta version. The game is almost in the month of its release date, and when you are showing your efforts to the public, you are sure to put your best foot forward, so since the game should be ready by now, they would be posting pics from the latest version of the game when its release date is less than a month away!!

If indeed these are from the beta version.....then this is the most wierd PR department I have ever seen!!!

angad

Chairman of Consent
I am just reposting one of the screenshots with improved resolution and to an extend removing the jagged edges. I hope this gives you all a better look at the graphics. :)

I wouldn't say am entirely happy with the new graphics engine (yes its new) but its looks positively different.

Nice!!

Lol the fielders look like they are from a Table Top Cricket game :p!

TestMatch01.JPG

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
On the one hand it's great to finally see proof of a new game! On the other hand what a shoddy looking thing it's hyped up to be.

I really don't care about graphics, as long as it plays like a cricket game (which we've not really had since blc99) then I'm happy. What I don't want to see in the graphics we have is bugs such as the WK's body disappearing!

I feel the poor guys have been pressured into releasing screenshots of a game which isn't yet completed which is bad for us as impatient cricket fans and terrible for them as I'm sure they're having sleepless nights so close to release and reading such negative stuff won't help!

For me, I'd like to see three things from these pictures!

Lets add some caps to these fielders AND wicketkeeper when facing fast bowling. Least you could do is get it looking authentic!

Darken the Lords media centre windows, again, you've got the licenses so make it authentic!

Finally, no silly bugs. If you're committed to after-release updates and DLC then this is a little less important but try and get rid of the obvious ones. Floating heads,for me, only belong on Scrubs!

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hahahaha... What?

No you just threaten them. Let it go and grow up... I'm bored of you.

after you called my player card crappy what you expect me to do either kiss or kick your ass kid?

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Majority of Aussies/Blackcaps and Englishmen will prefer this game whereas India, Pakistan etc will go for BA cricket, that's based on what I've seen on this forums.

All in all though if it wasn't for The Ashes starting in a month or so I doubt we'd have a cricket game.

----------

after you called my player card crappy what you expect me to do either kiss or kick your ass kid?

Stop please Balkeet, you're embarrassing yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread