Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flattering scoreline for Spurs, Pompy look better under harry than they did under Perrin.

But still, watchen the New South Welshman getting smashed in any sport is fantastic! Even more thrilling to see them against Liverpool

Oh well, too bad for Deportivo Saprissa

Some interesting quotes. Some are good to know and some are funny.

It really was a remarkable Ashes series and I'd like to congratulate Michael Vaughan for regaining the Ashes - even though it is hard to say that.
Shane Warne after receiving his Overseas Sports Personality award.

We need to get back to the Birmingham team that was hard to beat and rather ugly, just like their manager. :laugh
Birmingham boss Steve Bruce urges his players to follow his example.

Luis Figo is my favourite. I know Ronaldo, he's a really nice guy. I find David Beckham a bit too handsome - he thinks too much about what he's going to wear, and I don't find that attractive in a man.
Model Heidi Klum, when asked by a journalist who she thought was the best-looking footballer.

You must be like a sponge - and he is. I know that name SpongeBob from when my children watch television!
Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez reveals he is a fan (sorry, his children are fans) of cartoon character SpongeBob Squarepants, while describing Jamie Carragher - who must be delighted with the comparison.

I was saying 'Happy Christmas!'
Getafe boss Bernd Schuster reveals what he said to upset David Beckham after the Real Madrid midfielder was sent off in the La Liga clash. :laugh

I cannot give my version of it because I didn't see it. I was telling the Liverpool bench that they were crying all the game. :laugh They needed to sit down a little bit and relax.
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho on the nasty challenge on Didi Hamann by Michael Essien.

I think Jose talks a lot.
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez tells us something we don't know about Mourinho. :laugh

Unfortunately I've had conversations with Paul that he doesn't remember because he was drunk - and the next day he doesn't remember some of the conversations that were football related. He then alleged that I made decisions without his knowledge when they were his instructions.
Kettering chairman Imraan Ladak claims Paul Gascoigne's drinking affected his ability to manage the club.

I had a double brandy before the game. Before it used to be four bottles of whisky. It's not any more.
Gascoigne defends himself against accusations he has been drunk on the job at Kettering.

They should start the matches at 8am because then you could stay up all night! :)
Jimmy White with an ironic slant on early starts at the UK Championship in York after crashing out following a 10am slot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/4524416.stm

Well it's pretty obvious that it's going to be Liverpool v Sao Paulo in the final isn't it?

This questions for English ppl

My girlfriend is currently in England on holiday (Middlesbrough) and she has bought me a Liverpool jersey without a number or name.

I was just wondering, where can i tell her to go to get a number and my name put on the back???? Anfield? Or would that be to far away...

Cheers :cheers

She can go to any Premiership football ground, or most sports shops in towns/cities will have a printing service avalaible. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread