Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always speculation over star players leaving their clubs. Henry leaving Arsenal, Raul leaving Madrid, Cisse leaving Liverpool, 90% of the time what's said is false. The 10% is like Beckham and Owen leaving to go to Madrid things like that.

Sadly most new stadia seem to look almost all the same, stadiums are loosing their identities I fear.

A good day of FA Cup football today. Nuneaton earn themselves a replay against Boro, and Huddersfield nearly shocking Chelsea. However, the main shock of the round is to come tomorrow...

JamesyJames3 said:
A good day of FA Cup football today. Nuneaton earn themselves a replay against Boro, and Huddersfield nearly shocking Chelsea. However, the main shock of the round is to come tomorrow...
You mean when Burton Albion beat Man Utd :p

kevmead said:
You mean when Burton Albion beat Man Utd :p

You know full well I dont mean that game! :p

Northwich fans are going to Sunderland incredibly confident. We have two great strikers for our division. Johnny Allan was amongst the top scorers in the Conference last year. And the other, all football fans should know. Paul Brayson, used to play for Newcastle, quality finisher. These two against a defence the calibre of Sunderland should bode well for Vics. Also, they cant score for toffee. However, I do realise the huge gap between the two clubs, but Vics are having a good season and Sunderland are having a shocker.

PS - If Briggsey looks at this by any chance, I just want to point out that - The one, the only Gary Taylor-Fletcher scored against Chelsea today! :p

EDIT - Half-time: Luton 2-1 Liverpool :D EAT THAT SCOUCERS! :D

Further EDIT - Luton 3-1 Liverpool :D Its Great!!! Scoucers missed a pen, and then luton got one and scored!

Last edited:
At least Liverpool can beat minor spanish teams in europe!

EDIT: There pentaly was an awful decision. Dived outside the area!

:rtfl:

3-3 Alonso 40 yards out screamer!

4-3!
:rftl

Game over 5-3.

Probably the second best game i've ever seen, defintely the best in England. Alonso scored from 65 yards :rtfl:

Everton! :mad They can't even beat a team who won only two times in their competition. :gundown :gundown :shout I lost a lot of money cause of them. :cutit :cutit :getyou

But the Liverpool match was great. When I turn on Gerard scored within ten seconds when I was on the channel. When I switched channels after 50 minutes it was 2-1 for Luton Town. I started following it and Luton Town got a penalty. 3-1. I zapped a little bit after coming back I saw it was 3-2. I zapped again it was 3-3 then! Then I staid focused on the match and saw how Liverpool won the match with 5-3. Great match! :clap

Here is a description of that match.

Luton 3-5 Liverpool
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4565232.stm

Drewska said:
At least Liverpool can beat minor spanish teams in europe!

EDIT: There pentaly was an awful decision. Dived outside the area!

:rtfl:

3-3 Alonso 40 yards out screamer!

4-3!
:rftl

Game over 5-3.

Probably the second best game i've ever seen, defintely the best in England. Alonso scored from 65 yards :rtfl:

All Alonso had to do was hit a ball straight. No goalie, if he'd have missed we'd be calling it a sitter!

ZexyZahid said:
Everton! :mad They can't even beat a team who won only two times in their competition. :gundown :gundown :shout I lost a lot of money cause of them. :cutit :cutit :getyou]

Ah, the magic of the cup. At least we didn't lose... (those odds were generous for a reason ;))

themuel1 said:
All Alonso had to do was hit a ball straight. No goalie, if he'd have missed we'd be calling it a sitter!

I wouldn't go that far. Hitting the ball into an empty net from the half way line isn't as easy as it seems. It is especially hard when its windy! (I dont know whether it was windy). However, I take your point, it does seem simple. And yes he would of got a lot of stick had he missed it, not only from the fans, but his own team mates would of been very frustrated. Especially a Mr Gerrard.

barmyarmy said:
Ah, the magic of the cup. At least we didn't lose... (those odds were generous for a reason ;))

I wanted to choose between Millwall vs Everton and Norwich vs West Ham. Because the odds were good and there were two Premiership teams playing against clubs against one division lower. I went eventually for Millwall, since they were low on the list. Now I regret it since West Ham won with 2-1. And the odds for that match were even better. :mad

Drewska said:
Gerrard was screaming his head off for the ball. If i was Alonso I would tell him to f*** off :p.

I saw that too. BBC analysts pointed that out, otherwhile I didn't notice it. First he was having to give him the ball and then he was clapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread