Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JamesyJames3 said:
Can I just make it clear that it wasnt a "sh*tty" line up. It was one capable of getting the job done.

It was not a normal line up. A Premiership side could easily beat that. I guess Ferguson was a bit too confident about the abilities of these players.

barmyarmy said:
Well the admin might make some late Christmas presents of vcash to certain individuals based on the current levels on bankruptness...

I was wondering all the time where I got the money from. So thanks for that. :clap :cheers

themuel1 said:
Secondly, Leicesters pitch at least had some grass on!

Ooooo, is that an excuse I see! Alright you were away from home but come on, it's Manchester United.

12 shots on goal
61% possesion
6 corners

All this and you still couldn't score!

Brown, O'Shea, Silvestre, Richardson, Saha, Solskjaer and then you brought on Rooney and Ronaldo. As James said (yes I'm agreeing with him :p), it was a side more than capable of winning but yet didn't.

ZexyZahid said:
It was not a normal line up. A Premiership side could easily beat that. I guess Ferguson was a bit too confident about the abilities of these players.

I was wondering all the time where I got the money from. So thanks for that. :clap :cheers

Actually that side was probably capable of beating "crap" sides such as Birmingham, Everton and Sunderland. In the Carling cup we beat a full strength Birmingham at St Andrews with a weaker team than yesterdays.

I guess Burton then just had a FA Cup mentality. These guys were celebrating the draw like a victory. And they earned a lot of money with it I heard.

?800,000 for the away trip to O.T apparently.

For a club like Burton, that would pay wages for about 3/4 season

I was thinking about in the 10.000 or so. This is heavy money. :eek: This is more then a Champions League match.

ZexyZahid said:

No you are wrong again, your being very naiive. He was not over confident in their abilities. They do have the ability to sink a team like Burton. That team would be capable of beating certain Premiership sides.

ZexyZahid said:
I was thinking about in the 10.000 or so. This is heavy money. :eek: This is more then a Champions League match.

LOL!!!!!!!!! ?10,000!!! I can't believe you'd think they'd only get that. They got more at their home stadium! :p :D

ZexyZahid said:

Bit confused there. How could you think ?10,000 if they get half the royalties from the game. With United's ground seating 67,000 people, they would get, assuming full atendance 33,500 x ?27. Which comes too ?904,500. However, they wont get a full attendance, so thats probably why a figure of ?800,000 is more likely.

I was actually just think about the match fee, like in the Champions Leaugue. If you win you a certain amount of money, if you draw also. Didn't know they get half the money from the clubs they visit. No wonder they were celebrating like that.

ZexyZahid said:

In some stadiums maybe. But a CL ticket at OT is about ?40 so multiply 40 by 67,000. About ?2.5million.

Sureshot said:
In some stadiums maybe. But a CL ticket at OT is about ?40 so multiply 40 by 67,000. About ?2.5million.

A Champions League Ticket is about the same as a Premier League Ticket at Old Trafford, which is about ?33 on general sale. An FA Cup game will be about the same.

Sureshot said:

They divide that money too? I thought the proceedings of a home match went to the host.

But I mean they get a fixed fee of the UEFA for each win or each draw in the Champions League. About 600.000 euro for a win. (or 1.200.000).

ZexyZahid said:
They divide that money too? I thought the proceedings of a home match went to the host.

But I mean they get a fixed fee of the UEFA for each win or each draw in the Champions League. About 600.000 euro for a win. (or 1.200.000).

No, they dont divide money for Champions League games. Just the FA Cup ones. The Champions League do it on the system you are thinking of. A fee for winning, drawing, etc.

Ah, ok now I see. I am actually following football a lot and this is the first of kind I am hearing about sharing the money. But for little clubs in England this is good, since they can benifit from the money and build up their club.

Here are the cup replays for those who are interested:

Cup replay dates
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4591400.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread