Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Simao at Liverpool, I'm just hoping we can afford him!!!!

Briggsey said:
I hope Liverpool sign Simao, he's a quality player and would suit them well, Arsenal should sign Pedersen from Blackburn, he's a quality player and would be a very good replacement for Pires if he doesnt stay on, and even if he doesnt go, he would still be a good replacement for when he eventually does.

Why would Pederson take a drop down in class? Thats just stupid.

One man team Arsenal, or a team on the up? Silly question really.

And hondyho, I cant believe you called that a boring match. Unless you were bored of the flowing attacking football United were playing...

Briggsey, get this in your head. You cant support two teams :p

JamesyJames3 said:
Hang on Jamesy, you were championing Northwich and I know your a Man Utd man

kevmead said:
Hang on Jamesy, you were championing Northwich and I know your a Man Utd man

EXPLANATION - I support Manchester United, always have done. I simply follow Northwich. AKA - Lookout for their results, and will cheer for them in big games against mediocre Premiership sides (Sunderland, Liverpool, etc).

Mediocre, take a look at this

Man Utd - played 21 pts 45
Liverpool - played 19 pts 41

I'd watch out if I were you.
Also Look at my avatar, how may European Cups do Man utd have? Oh its not 5 is it!!!!!

Last edited:
kevmead said:
Mediocre, take a look at this

Man Utd - played 21 pts 45
Liverpool - played 19 pts 41

I'd watch out if I were you.
Also Look at my avatar, how may European Cups do Man utd have? Oh its not 5 is it!!!!!

Lol, dont make me punch you! There is no point looking at figures now. Let's wait and see at the end of this campaign. Im sure it will be an all to familiar trend for you scousers. Looking up at Manchester United.

Last edited:
ZexyZahid said:
Liverpool isn't mediocre. Although they had a poor start this season.

Liverpool getting a lot of new defenders.

Liverpool close to Agger signing
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4602746.stm

Just saw Manchester United drew against Blackburn Rovers. This time it was a full strenght team. Too bad they couldn't win, although they were the better team.

Blackburn 1-1 Man Utd
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/4597922.stm

I was having a bit of banter when calling Liverpool mediocre. They have improved but still arent as good as United or Chelsea. However, they are going in the right direction. Can they keep it together? I think not! :p

sachin said:
And United aren't as good as Chelsea.....Don't go grouping yourselves together!

Actually, I think Manchester United's first team are as good as Chelsea, though if United get injuries they haven't ot the depth like Chelsea.

JamesyJames3 said:

Could you point me to a specific law which says it is illegal to support more than one football club?

Briggsey said:
Could you point me to a specific law which says it is illegal to support more than one football club?

FA Rules Handbook Ver 2006

3.2 - It is illegal to support more than football club, especially if the clubs involved are of the same level.

That applies to you Briggsey :D

Can the FA charge him with disrepute?
I've heard the range of penalties include being forced to watch Man United play every week. No-one deserves that.

barmyarmy said:
Can the FA charge him with disrepute?
I've heard the range of penalties include being forced to watch Man United play every week. No-one deserves that.

LOL, nothings worse than watching Everton!!! The most exiting player they have is Marcus Bent*YAWN*

sachin said:
And United aren't as good as Chelsea.....Don't go grouping yourselves together!

United have a squad capable of matching Chelsea. Personally, and im sure a lot of people will agree with me, I think United have a much better attack. However, Chelsea have the better defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread