Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww, shield your eyes people :p
The team in England which has the best chance of winning the Champions League is again Liverpool. Under Benitez we look invincible in Europe, and so far we have been.

hondeyho said:
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww, shield your eyes people :p
The team in England which has the best chance of winning the Champions League is again Liverpool. Under Benitez we look invincible in Europe, and so far we have been.
With all due respect to Rafa Benitez and his team, I think Barcelona and Juventus are the two teams to beat in Europe.

themuel1 said:
Tell you what, If Arsenal win the Champions League, I will Run through Trafalger Square Naked! :p
I am sure at this stage last year you would have said the samething with Liverpool.

kevmead said:
A good reason to get a freeview box then, you can pick them up for around ?30-40 these days. Providing of course you can recieve digital tv in your area

I think you can't receive these channels with any box here.

But good news is that I actually can receive Eurosport. :laugh Normally they show one (normal you have to pay for it) channel for free for some period. But they changed the frequency, so I didn't know it. Before the frequency got change, there was Fashion TV on it, so I wasn't really bothered to look for it. Till I went to search yesterday. :happy

Leeds United 3-0 Sheffield Titsday

Went to the game yesterday, great atmopshere and what a great performance. Cresswell was a complete pain in the ass for the Sheffield defence and they couldn't handle him at all.

Hopefully Liverpoo' can beat Manure today :happy

Liverpool have to play well today. Ill be happy witha draw because we have 2 games in hand, but a win is possibly likely. Well done to the thrid best team in Liverpool yesterday ;).

ZexyZahid said:
I think you can't receive these channels with any box here.

But good news is that I actually can receive Eurosport. :laugh Normally they show one (normal you have to pay for it) channel for free for some period. But they changed the frequency, so I didn't know it. Before the frequency got change, there was Fashion TV on it, so I wasn't really bothered to look for it. Till I went to search yesterday. :happy

You in England ZZ?

Should be a brilliant game today.

Birmingham hammered Portsmouth yesterday. Birmingham scored 5 goals, but.......Portsmouth had 4 easy chances to score and missed evreyone of those chances, would have been intresting if they scored with the chances they had.

Chelsea drew.

1-1 Gudjohnsen and Marcus Bent on debut, or for Aussies dayboo. :D

Chelseas pitch was diabolical.

m_vaughan said:
With all due respect to Rafa Benitez and his team, I think Barcelona and Juventus are the two teams to beat in Europe.

I am sure at this stage last year you would have said the samething with Liverpool.

Yep, which will make this run, the second nude run I've done round Trafalger Square :p

At the moment, the only way a goal will be scored is if one team falls asleep, however, remembering Liverpool have Crouch and Cisse playing, even that may be a tall order......

Why the hell is Diego Forlan mentioned in the same poll As Gerrard and Rooney?!! He's no where near their standard!

Last edited:
It's half-time and Man U only have had the one chance right at the end of the half, one team really does need to capitilise on Chelsea dropping points and win the match, right now it looks as though it's heading for a Liverpool victory and if we win today and win our 2 games in hand we will be within 11 points of Chelsea :p

Manure were extremely lucky to have won that free kick as it dint look like a foul. Anyways for us its better that they win rather than Liverpool.

m_vaughan said:
Manure were extremely lucky to have won that free kick as it dint look like a foul. Anyways for us its better that they win rather than Liverpool.

Lucky? He had one arm accross him and the other pushing him in the back. How is that lucky? No doubt about it, it was a free-kick.

m_vaughan said:

Yawn. You always play the same record. "Man United were lucky", "they didnt deserve to win", Shut up!

Call them Man utd, Man u or Manchester United. We have stopped calling Chelsea, Chelski!

Another thing: Let's hope that other teams take note of Charltons approach. Chelsea are not all there cracked up to be. For a start they are missing some strikers that can finish.

themuel1 said:
Yawn. You always play the same record. "Man United were lucky", "they didnt deserve to win", Shut up!

The problem is is you can't say that about this game. They were outplayed and got a dodgy free kick.

I suppose a lot of it was liverpools fault, they can't take chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread