Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JamesyJames3 said:
No, sorry, that isn't a sending off. You can say it as much as you like, but no. It wasnt malicious. He threw himself in front of Cole in an attaempt to block the ball, he didnt lunge in directly at the player. If he had done that, then it would be dangerous.

So then that tackle wasn't dangerous foul play?

Your career as a ref is going well. ;)

Sureshot said:
So then that tackle wasn't dangerous foul play?

Your career as a ref is going well. ;)

Dangerous foul play implies he took the man, which he didn't. He threw himself infront of the ball in an attempt to block it. If thats worthy of a sending off, then so is an arm in the air which doesnt hit anyone in the face. I can see why people would say its a sending off. However, it shouldn't have been.

Looking fwd to the ManU & Liverpool clash.Im sure Liverpool are going to get this one and go into second spot.Id bet Liverpool to get a clean sheet and Crouch to get a goal.

JamesyJames3 said:
Dangerous foul play implies he took the man, which he didn't. He threw himself infront of the ball in an attempt to block it. If thats worthy of a sending off, then so is an arm in the air which doesnt hit anyone in the face. I can see why people would say its a sending off. However, it shouldn't have been.

When you go in the way Ronaldo did you're going to be in trouble. It was a potential career ender that doesn't belong on the football field. The fact that Manchester Utd have appealed against it is quite frankly a disgrace.

Ask yourself why you are the only one trying to defend the tackle.

stevie said:
When you go in the way Ronaldo did you're going to be in trouble. It was a potential career ender that doesn't belong on the football field. The fact that Manchester Utd have appealed against it is quite frankly a disgrace.

Ask yourself why you are the only one trying to defend the tackle.

Maybe cos im the only one capable of challenging it.

Also, I would agree it was a career ender if he went straight for the player. But, he didn't. He lunged infront of the player.

JamesyJames3 said:
Maybe cos im the only one capable of challenging it.

So basically your saying that because your a qualified referee you know better than everyone else? Ofcourse.

Did you see Jeff Winter on Sky Sports News earlier? The fact he didn't make contact doesn't make any difference in this case, it was a shocker and the fact is you can't go into a tackle with your foot that high with your studs showing.

Can you honestly say if you were the referee and weren't a United supporter, that you wouldn't have sent him off?

stevie said:
So basically your saying that because your a qualified referee you know better than everyone else? Ofcourse.

Did you see Jeff Winter on Sky Sports News earlier? The fact he didn't make contact doesn't make any difference in this case, it was a shocker and the fact is you can't go into a tackle with your foot that high with your studs showing.

Can you honestly say if you were the referee and weren't a United supporter, that you wouldn't have sent him off?

Yes I can. As a referee you become neutral. I have refereed many matches in the past with youth teams of a club I played for. I wouldn't be bias.

And in response to your first question, well, yes it does in terms of the unqualified people.

He didint go in 2 footed either, only 1 foot, but the way he jumped in the air and down into it made it look a lot worse than it was, if he wud have just gone in normally with the one foot it would have not even got a yellow card.

Studs showing, jumping in, left the air (even if he was grounded when he made contact or didn't) you can't do that.

Once you leave the ground you're asking for trouble. Ronaldo deserved his red card.

Ronaldo went in hot headed, had he made contact that player might never play again.

Dangerous Foul Play = Red Card.

Talk of this game is going nowhere now, lets change the subject please.

Anyone seen the West Brom keepers save from Roberts in injury time yesterday? What an amazing save! Roberts did everything right but Kuzsack (sp?) pulled off a blinder!

Briggsey said:
Anyone seen the West Brom keepers save from Roberts in injury time yesterday? What an amazing save! Roberts did everything right but Kuzsack (sp?) pulled off a blinder!
Yeah, brilliant save. Did you see he had his shorts on backwards for good luck, well it certainly worked for him!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread