Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldos appeal has failed so he will be suspended for the next 3 matches including the match against the European Champions on Sunday.

Fergie and Rooney seem to have got off with nothing after swearing at the ref and smashing up some doors at half time though.

Ste said:
Fergie and Rooney seem to have got off with nothing after swearing at the ref and smashing up some doors at half time though.
As I understand it the ref didnt include the incident in his match report so the FA couldnt take any action.

I am gonna go for a 1-1 draw in the Battle of the Reds!

Would be the best result for us, because as it stands now, Liverpool are a bigger threat than Manure.

I wouldn't mind a draw, but a win would be great, and it's very possible as most of our players are on top form. Kewell is vital.

I agree with you Drewska, most of our strength comes from our attacking play supported by Gerrard and Garcia moving forward supporting Crouch and Cisse, (a mix of both tall and skilled), Kewell is definetly part of that role being an attacking midfielder.

To be honest I really owe a lot to Carrager and Finnan who have got me the most number of points (along with Mido and Lampard) in the Premier League fantasy league.

Yay another Premier fantasy leaguer :happy
I've got Carragher, Gerrard and Reina in my team, Reina is certainly the best Premiership goalkeeper at the moment, and he has a brilliant defence backing him up. We know that we are more than capable of beating Man U, all we need the do is beat them :p

Why dont you join the Planetcricket private league.

The code is:316186-56726

Please mention your fantasy league team name and manager name in this thread for reference.

And yeah I do believe that you are capable of beating Manure. If City can beat them, anyone can! But even we were well capable of beating them, but lost 1-0(!!) thanks to some misdirected unintended header from some guy called Fletcher.

m_vaughan said:
Why dont you join the Planetcricket private league.

The code is:316186-56726

Please mention your fantasy league team name and manager name in this thread for reference.

And yeah I do believe that you are capable of beating Manure. If City can beat them, anyone can! But even we were well capable of beating them, but lost 1-0(!!) thanks to some misdirected unintended header from some guy called Fletcher.

anyone can beat manure!!!

Last edited:
ZexyZahid said:
Somebody knows if BBC will show the highlights of Africa Nations Cup? I checked it, but I didn't find anything.

Just found out about it. BBC 3 will show it. :mad And I receive only BBC 1 and BBC 2.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/whatson/search/grid.cgi?range=1800&day=Today&medium=tv

Now I've find the whole schedule:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4620004.stm

All matches on BBC 3. :mad:
A good reason to get a freeview box then, you can pick them up for around ?30-40 these days. Providing of course you can recieve digital tv in your area

Okay. With Arsenal losing, and Spurs drawing today I'm gonna make a rather strong prediciton in saying that the Gunners are gonna lose out 4th spot to their North London rivals, and hence miss out Champions League next season (unless they win it this season)

m_vaughan said:
Okay. With Arsenal losing, and Spurs drawing today I'm gonna make a rather strong prediciton in saying that the Gunners are gonna lose out 4th spot to their North London rivals, and hence miss out Champions League next season (unless they win it this season)

Tell you what, If Arsenal win the Champions League, I will Run through Trafalger Square Naked! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread