Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose if I HATE him and I really dispise him then I only see his bad sides. Trying to be unbiased I will see how he plays against Benfica but for gods sakes he needs to control his Geriatric Falling Over Syndrome :p

hondeyho said:
I suppose if I HATE him and I really dispise him then I only see his bad sides. Trying to be unbiased I will see how he plays against Benfica but for gods sakes he needs to control his Geriatric Falling Over Syndrome :p

Ahh yes GFO, Robben has been diagnosed with this just this morning. All you need is a sandy football pitch and a Spanish goalkeeper called Reina to perform the test. :D

I think he's finally showing he is a decent player this season.
Geriatric Falling Over Syndrome effects 99% or professional footballers these days but with everyones help we can help to make it a thing of the past just send your donations to me and I'll pass them on.

kevmead said:
I think he's finally showing he is a decent player this season.
Geriatric Falling Over Syndrome effects 99% or professional footballers these days but with everyones help we can help to make it a thing of the past just send your donations to me and I'll pass them on.

?100 is on the way! :rolleyes: Seriously, if you want it to stop, send your money to me, I'll buy a sniper rifle and give divers somthing to go down for! :D

JamesyJames3 said:
The term form is temporary, class is permanent comes to mind Colin.

For players arguably but not for teams. Teams go in cycles. Utd were the best club going in the 90's but they've really struggled for the last two or three years now.
I know with the amount of money in the modern game we're never going to see small clubs win the title without massive cash injections but big clubs can plummet still. Just look at Leeds.

barmyarmy said:
For players arguably but not for teams. Teams go in cycles. Utd were the best club going in the 90's but they've really struggled for the last two or three years now.
I know with the amount of money in the modern game we're never going to see small clubs win the title without massive cash injections but big clubs can plummet still. Just look at Leeds.

I disagree. It is with teams also. United and Everton are the perfect example. Everton are inconsistant, and United are always going to be in the top 3.

I think JJ meant this:

Man U are sort of class because they have been in the top 4 consistently over the years. Everton went from 7th to 17th to 4th and there quite low atm. I think that's what he meant.

Like I said money makes it harder to get the top and easier to stay there. I still think that Utd are in long-term decline. It only takes one season of not qualifying for the Champions League, insufficient funds for new transfers etc. Especially with the Glazers in charge at Man U.

barmyarmy said:
Like I said money makes it harder to get the top and easier to stay there. I still think that Utd are in long-term decline. It only takes one season of not qualifying for the Champions League, insufficient funds for new transfers etc. Especially with the Glazers in charge at Man U.

Yes.......Damn you, I keep looking for spelling mistakes in all of your posts!

I don't think they are in long term decline - we will agree to disagree!

I've had a good day on the football front. First Norwich comfortably beat Derby at Carrow Road, then Dean Ashton misses a sitter for West Ham against Bolton :D
Alan Smith's injury was an absolute shocker. I can't see him coming back before the 2007/2008 season.

SkateBoarder said:
I've had a good day on the football front. First Norwich comfortably beat Derby at Carrow Road, then Dean Ashton misses a sitter for West Ham against Bolton :D
Alan Smith's injury was an absolute shocker. I can't see him coming back before the 2007/2008 season.

9 months average is what is thought to be the duration of the injury.

Some rep goes to anyone who can spot me in this picture. Look in the user pictures thread on the first page to see a pic of me.

Attachments

• 56878743.jpg
    56878743.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread