Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adebayor had a poor game, could've had a hat trick.

The only criticism of Adebayor I have and many other would is the final product, be it finishing or that pass for Thierry.

Sureshot said:
Adebayor had a poor game, could've had a hat trick.

The only criticism of Adebayor I have and many other would is the final product, be it finishing or that pass for Thierry.
Henry was far from perfect when he arrived at Arsenal, much of the same can be said about Adebayor. I think Wenger has a knack of picking up players like that and turning them in to superstars, and no doubt he will do it again with Adebayor.

Its silly to think that a player will come straight from abroad and give you goals, it barely happens and when it does, its only the top class players that do it, such as Ruud. No one had heard of Adebayor before he came to Arsenal and Wenger has brought him in with the mindset to turn him in to a Henry type player.

Briggsey said:
Its silly to think that a player will come straight from abroad and give you goals, it barely happens and when it does, its only the top class players that do it, such as Ruud. No one had heard of Adebayor before he came to Arsenal and Wenger has brought him in with the mindset to turn him in to a Henry type player.

He does have a powerful shot, but his pace is nowhere near to that of Henry. What happened to Bergkamp btw?

gold639 said:
He does have a powerful shot, but his pace is nowhere near to that of Henry. What happened to Bergkamp btw?
I think he is injured at the moment, not 100% sure though.

Briggsey said:
Henry was far from perfect when he arrived at Arsenal, much of the same can be said about Adebayor. I think Wenger has a knack of picking up players like that and turning them in to superstars, and no doubt he will do it again with Adebayor.

No, not a type of Henry player. He's more of a target man imo.

Not that Arsenal will adopt the long ball system.

Sureshot said:
No, not a type of Henry player. He's more of a target man imo.

Not that Arsenal will adopt the long ball system.
Wenger wont of bought a target man for exactly the reason you said, Arsenal dont play the long ball system. Adebayor is of the same build as Henry, give or take a few pounds, he doesnt possess the pace Henry has, but in a way he reminds me of Kanu and will probably end up doing what he used to do when at Arsenal.

Hopefully though Wenger will attempt to mould him into a similar player that Henry is now.

Man Utd 0-0 Sunderland

The result sees Sunderland relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread