Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean ever don't you, I hope?

Alan Shearer has finished his pro career.

In other football news, we lost 3-2 to Hartlepool to end our 6 wins in a row.

And I lost 3,000 betting on Chelsea to beat Liverpool in VBookie.

I didnt listen I was too busy celebrating :D :D :D

Well Liverpool get lucky again and beat a superior team.
This goes to show for me just how many amazingly good midfielders Chelsea have who can't get a game normally. Joe Cole, Damien Duff: these guys shouldn't be getting 3 games a year. Then JM decides to go and buy another midfielder! 19 wasn't enough?
Chelsea need a predator. Crespo and Drogba blow too hot and cold for me. No point having wonderful midfield players (well in the second half at any rate) if your forwards are going to blow simple chances.
Anyhow I hate watching Liverpool win and am fed up with Chelsea wasting great talent by buying all the decent midfielders. Cole and Wright Phillips should be playing for England not Chelski reserves.

Lucky?????

Chelsea were nowhere for the first 60 mins (ok Liverpool were nowhere for the last 30)

Kev said:
Lucky?????

Chelsea were nowhere for the first 60 mins (ok Liverpool were nowhere for the last 30)

Liverpool barely threatened the Chelsea goal. Their goals were through a non-solid wall from something that should never have been a freekick and a piss-poor defensive error.

barmyarmy said:
Well Liverpool get lucky again and beat a superior team.
This goes to show for me just how many amazingly good midfielders Chelsea have who can't get a game normally. Joe Cole, Damien Duff: these guys shouldn't be getting 3 games a year. Then JM decides to go and buy another midfielder! 19 wasn't enough?
Chelsea need a predator. Crespo and Drogba blow too hot and cold for me. No point having wonderful midfield players (well in the second half at any rate) if your forwards are going to blow simple chances.
Anyhow I hate watching Liverpool win and am fed up with Chelsea wasting great talent by buying all the decent midfielders. Cole and Wright Phillips should be playing for England not Chelski reserves.

See, Liverpool weren't lucky, it was poor management. Also what Mourinho said afterwards was disgraceful.

Drewska said:
See, Liverpool weren't lucky, it was poor management. Also what Mourinho said afterwards was disgraceful.

I thought he was trying very hard not to get done for disrepute. I started watching the interview on the BBC website but got bored after 2 mins. What did I miss him say?

barmyarmy said:
I thought he was trying very hard not to get done for disrepute. I started watching the interview on the BBC website but got bored after 2 mins. What did I miss him say?

Well seemed to blame everything that went wrong on the referee, when most of it was his fault.

Drewska said:
Well seemed to blame everything that went wrong on the referee, when most of it was his fault.

Had Drogba knocked in the first and Terry not been penalised for no reason, plus his goal allowed later we might be sitting here talking about an easy 2-0 win for Chelsea.
He was very mild in criticising the ref who, worryingly enough, is one of our representatives at the World Cup.

barmyarmy said:
Had Drogba knocked in the first and Terry not been penalised for no reason, plus his goal allowed later we might be sitting here talking about an easy 2-0 win for Chelsea.
He was very mild in criticising the ref who, worryingly enough, is one of our representatives at the World Cup.

I dunno, i was listening to the radio, it might of been different. He said every decision was against Chelsea, which was complete crap.

His team selection was crap aswell, and so were his tactics.

All the important ones were.
My point was that his team selection and tactics only looked crap because they lost. Had the decisions gone the other way we'd be sitting here praising him for them (well you wouldn't!).

barmyarmy said:

I thought the free-kick was one because of the studs showing in a tackle rule...... but is that only for slide tackling?

Well I agree with Colin. Chelsea were unlucky, again, costing us another silverware this season. I was really hoping for a league and cup double, but not to be.

As far as proving which is the superior team, I think the scores explain it well:

Liverpool 1-4 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool
2 drawn games @ CL
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

Also the number of points between the two teams is quite a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread