Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger probably wants to win the CL so he rested Henry for tomorrow night. :p

IloveGilly said:
Still a chance!

We reduce the gap to 6 which is a big step towards a miracle.

Now that's what I like seeing, A united fan WITH optimism! :D

Quiet Gold!!! :p

hassan1823 said:
WTF no Seedorf or Makaay what r they doing

It seems that they don't want to win the World Cup.

Hey, Ste. Did you recorded that video yourself? The stadium looks great from that view.

And Henry's goal was great. But yeah, bringing him late in the field could cost Arsenal the fourth Champions League spot.

Can't wait for tomorrow actually. But the match I am really waiting for is Barcelona vs AC Milan.

Holland dont need either Makaay or Seedorf. Klaas Jan Huntelaar has been in top form for Ajax. He has scored some 40+ goals I think, this season.

Though I fully agree that Gerrard deserves it, there is absolutely nothing between him and Lampard. Both will have to a play major role in England's World Cup campaign.

m_vaughan said:
Though I fully agree that Gerrard deserves it, there is absolutely nothing between him and Lampard. Both will have to a play major role in England's World Cup campaign.

Well we hope, so far in England's games we haven't seen anything special from these two working as a team in the midfield. They play for England the same as they play Domestically and that is why they don't combine with spectacular results.

Hmmmmm.....I think one of them has to miss out and TBH Gerrard is the pick of them. He's a better defensive player i.m.o and also has better attacking qualities. Ledly King would be my choice next to him.

m_vaughan said:
Holland dont need either Makaay or Seedorf. Klaas Jan Huntelaar has been in top form for Ajax. He has scored some 40+ goals I think, this season.

Yeah, I mentioned Huntelaar's name when he went from SC Heerenveen to Ajax some months ago here in this thread. I labelled him as the next thing that is to come. And he fullfilled all the expectations so far. He scored 33 goals in the normal Dutch competition. And already scored 2 goals in the playoffs.

But that isn't a good reason that Makaay and Seedorf shouldn't be selected. Makaay used to be as left attacking player in the past, so he can play in a 4-3-3 system, in which the Netherlands are playing. And players like Castelen, Meerdink, Boateng aren't even close to Seedorf's quality.

No Dutch place for Seedorf and Makaay
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060421/7/6l31.html

And I would have picked Lampard actually as the best player of the Premier Leaugue. But Gerrard isn't a bad choice either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread