Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left_Hander said:
I just got a quick question.

Is this thread for the English Premier League and the Champions League only, or can we discuss the A-League etc.

Thanks in advance,
Left_Hander

I don't think us Aussies mind if we are talking 'bout A-League. It's just that it is the buisness end of the EPL and A-League off-season.

Drewska said:
Good to see Henry congratulating Steven Gerrard on the PFA award. A Chelsea player would never say anything like that.

Did Gerrard congratulate Lampard last year?

gold639 said:
What a brilliant match. Yet again, Arsenal hold out for a 0-0 draw to go through. Villarreal deserved to get atleast one goal, and though the penalty was a shocker I was actually hoping Riquelme would score because I wanted the game to go to Extra time. :p
Poor guy, he looked absolutely crestfallen.

Franco missed some brilliant chances, definitely he should've converted atleast one of them.

Come on Milan and Arsenal! I'd be sick if Barca win the CL. :(
I'd be sick if anybody but us won it :crying Doesn't look like we are going to get fourth spot. Arsenal was very poor today.Whenever they got into the third half of the field they decided to just sit around there doing nothing.Henry played more like a defender than a forward! :mad

Well if we are going to be stupid here,does anyone know John Harm?Well he was commentating the Milan V Lyon clash a couple of weeks ago(I think so anyway).One thing that really got on ym nerves was the fact that he made out Shevi had played some super match and one Milan the game(Best striker in the world,what rubbish!).He did nothing except intercept a poor backpass you clown!

gold639 said:
ROFL at that Barca fan who threw that Barca shirt at Henry. :D
If i were Henry i'd give that idiot the Trademark Henry Glare :D :mad:

sachin said:
Well if we are going to be stupid here,does anyone know John Harm?Well he was commentating the Milan V Lyon clash a couple of weeks ago(I think so anyway).One thing that really got on ym nerves was the fact that he made out Shevi had played some super match and one Milan the game(Best striker in the world,what rubbish!).He did nothing except intercept a poor backpass you clown!

You should've heard the French commentator who was commentating for a France channel. He lost his cool and started swearing when Inzaghi scored that late goal!

lol! i woulnt have got it anyway...

JUST ONE THING TO SAY: Lehmann u LEGEND... i was praying to god when riquelme walked up to take the penalty and he listened

Last edited by a moderator:
ya lol didnt think abou that... maybe Gerrard is going to come to arsenal next season...

BTW Kev why di u edit my previous post

gold639 said:
Did Gerrard congratulate Lampard last year?
Lampard had not deserved the award for ages and maybe Henry gets on much better with Gerrard than Lampard. It's easy to see why that might be the case.

Reports in yesterday's Eastern Daily Press claiming that low cost airline FlyBe.com are the new shirt sponsors of the Canaries were confirmed yesterday by both the airline and Norwich City FC.
The sponsorhip deal covers the 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 seasons. FlyBe.com will be replacing Proton and Lotus Cars, whose contract ends this Sunday as the 2005-2006 season draws to a close. FlyBe.com said that a 'multi-million pound' deal had been signed, but more details will emerge with the unveiling of Norwich City's new home kit this week.
?This is such an exciting deal for us and we are proud to be behind a club with such huge potential,? said Flybe's director of marketing Simon Lilley. ?The people in Norwich have been extremely supportive of Flybe so we are pleased we can give something back to the community.
?We are passionate about the communities we serve and passionate about supporting football as a cornerstone of the region. As two of the largest brands in Norwich we look forward to the next few seasons and hope to see the Canaries fly up the league table!?
The deal will offer a number of interesting spin-offs for the club, its fans - and the wider community. Flybe intend to give away tickets to supporters at every home game, while they have also pledged to assist supporters and the team with their travel to away fixtures.

On top of that they are planning to introduce the Flybe Community Cup, a competition that will see schools in Norfolk battle it out for the right to play in a big Carrow Road final.

The deal means Flybe are now associated with four different football teams. They are already shirt sponsors of Premiership side Birmingham and their home club, Conference outfit Exeter, while they recently signed a main club sponsorship deal with Southampton.

If Birmingham are relegated at the end of the season then three clubs will be sporting the airline's logo in the Championship next term - but Lilley denied there would be any conflict of interest.

?That is something we would relish, a Flybe Championship if you like,? he said. ?We would obviously want to see all our clubs doing well but we would stay strictly neutral when they were playing each other.?

The airline say they have brokered the deal with the Canaries not only to boost their profile but also to reinforce their commitment to the city. They have made significant investments at Norwich Airport since opening an operations base there in December 2004 - and now serve 16 domestic and European routes to such diverse destinations Aberdeen, Faro, Geneva and Dublin.

Now that the agreement has been announced the Canaries will be working flat out to get their new kit ready for launch and if everything goes to plan shirts should go on sale some time during July, in good time for the big kick-off on August 5.

His pace can beat anyone, it's his end product which is worse than a decapitated hen at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread