Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Middlesbrough is through. When I saw the scoreline on Teletext is was 0-2. I went to the BBC site and Middlesbrough just scored the 1-2. And I just went again to the BBC and saw again they've made a comeback of lifetime and won with 4-2.

And their opponents will be Sevilla, who win with 1-0 against Schalke 04 in extra time.

Final will be in Eindhoven (where PSV plays) on Wednesday 10 May 2006.

Sureshot said:
Shevvy scored with about 5 minutes left, but Puyol dived (about a foot from Shevvy) and the ref took it and gave a foul against Shevvy.
Yeah i saw that,it looked like a really bad dive.He was like a metre away from him.

Its virtually confirmed Scolari will be getting the England job...he's a very good coach, but I was hoping for an England manager. Still, better than Martin O' Neill. :eek:

gold639 said:
Its virtually confirmed Scolari will be getting the England job...he's a very good coach, but I was hoping for an England manager. Still, better than Martin O' Neill. :eek:

Yeah I much preffered a British manager personally.

On a brighter note,looks as if Micheal Owen will be back to play this weekend,really looking forward to seeing him back.I still feel that he has a good chance of making it to the World Cup.

And Cole has completed his second 90 minutes.

Let's hope he plays, as bridge and Konchesky aren't good enough.

I dont see what the problem is with Wayne Bridge, he's a more than able backup for Ashley Cole and has played a lot more games than Cole has this season. Sven is taking a risk taking guys with no more than 10 games under their belt this season to the WC, Bridge will be the backup to Cole, no doubt about it, he doesnt posess the pace of Cole, but he's a good, if not better defender than Cole, who is more of an attacking player, in the Carlos mindset.

Konchesky and Young arent ideal, Young looked too nervous in the qualifiers he played in so imagine what he'd be like at the WC.

Personally id like to see a few of the younger players given a chance in the friendlies before they fly off to Germany, especially Aaron Lennon, he looked frightening against us last week and took Flamini apart.

Carrick's been excellent too, he's certainly going to be in the squad.

I think Sven usually always goes with a similar sort of a lineup and formation.This was also seen with his persistence with Paul Scholes in the left midfield earlier.So it would be pretty hard for guys who havent had a look in earlier to get into the first eleven in the world cup.

I would definately agree that people like carrick,lennon,parker,nolan and co deserve a chance at the world cup.

gold639 said:
He's got this strange obsession with Owen Hargrieves. :@
Well he hasnt done much at Bayern this season so he shouldnt be in the squad, there are far too many better players than him who should be in there. The only major concern for me would be if Robinson got injured, we dont seem to have a firm backup keeper, James seems to be that man but he is erratic and I would certinally be on the edge of my seat if he was to play in a WC game.

I'm gosh darn annoyed with the FA. What a load of rubbish, I don't want another foreigner controlling our English team! It's a job to them (not a passion as well as a job). ?5 million!!! He doesn't even deserve ?1 million!

For christ sake, this guy has English as good as most of the people from the USA!!! :p

On a happier note, Middlesborough were brilliant last night and Im going to support them like I do United, in the final of the UEFA cup. (though I have been all the way through the competition).

Surprisingly, I'm also supporting Arsenal in the European Chamions League final. I really don't care about whether this means Spurs miss out next season. "Tough".

I don't subscribe to this view that we should support Spurs because they have a lot of English players. I really don't care. Arsenal are a far better watch then Spurs and also NeilThomas89 (an old member and a lifelong freind supports them.... :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread