Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together, and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
'cause Chelsea, Chelsea is our name

:) :) :) :) :)

Well Curbishley has quit Charlton but I'm hoping this is for the Villa job that will be available in the summer. He's not right for England, has hasn't handed players of a top quality and his team are hardly flying.

Gerrard's second goal today, what a beauty! Excellent finishes from both goals actually, haven't seen Morientes' goal yet.

gold639 said:
Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together, and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
'cause Chelsea, Chelsea is our name

:) :) :) :) :)

How about winning the league with Ranieri, Hasslebaink, Jesper Gronkjaer (LMAO), Carlo Cudini and Celestine Babyaro. And Carlton Cole. :p.

Another good win for Liverpool today, if we had a better start to the season we would be right up next to Chelsea. Gerrard was brilliant again, hey will be a key player in the World Cup especially if Roooooney doesn't make it.

Congrats Chelsea another title in the bag and it's always good seeing Man U get canned!
Arsenal will be back next year so keep the trophy warm for us :p

aussie1st said:
Congrats Chelsea another title in the bag and it's always good seeing Man U get canned!
Ill drink to that!

And a Gunners trebble next year too! I assure you! :)

aussie1st said:

Whats the congrats for? Everyone hates Chelsea except most chelsea fans :p.

Sad to see Rooney brake his foot, but he will probably play in the later group games :rolleyes:.

Briggsey said:
Ill drink to that!

1. Relegated
2. Henry Leaves
3. Lehmann Leaves.

Unique treble :)!

Drewska said:
1. Relegated
2. Henry Leaves
3. Lehmann Leaves.

Unique treble :)!
Careful not to get them mixed up with what will happen to Liverpool next year ;)
1. FA Cup Runners Up (To Arsenal)
2. Carling Cup Runners Up (To Arsenal)
3. Well i would say PL runners up to Arsenal, but there isnt a chance Liverpool will finish 2nd next year so oh well :p

Chelsea won the title as expected. Manchester United didn't pose much threat in this match. The only thing left now to decide now is the fixed spot in the Champions League between Manchester United and Liverpool. They're level on points, but Manchester United has a match in hand.

barmyarmy said:
Second comeback of a lifetime. They did exactly the same against Basle in the quarter-final!

Yeah, that's why I said I saw again they've made a comeback of a lifetime.

Nevertheless it was great football from them, although I didn't see any goals of these two matches when Middlesbrough came from behind.

Go Liverpool! I'd rather see them get 2nd than those no good red devils. Can't wait for Arsenal big day in the sun. The game should be a cracker.

Excellent win by the red half of merseyside yesterday,an amazing goal by Gerrard.Liverpool still have it in them to get to second spot.

Lol @ the stupid press saying Mourinho will leave. The interview did surprise me a bit but I don't see him leaving this season, maybe in 2007. There's gonna be a lot of changes at Chelsea, I'm hoping Gallas or Cole(or Lampard :p) don't leave. :/

There was some kind of rumour linking Terry with Arsenal for a few days.

gold639 said:
Lol @ the stupid press saying Mourinho will leave. The interview did surprise me a bit but I don't see him leaving this season, maybe in 2007. There's gonna be a lot of changes at Chelsea, I'm hoping Gallas or Cole(or Lampard :p) don't leave. :/

There was some kind of rumour linking Terry with Arsenal for a few days.

I think Mouriniho is an idiot chucking his medal into the crowd. Also, anyone spot the Portugal scarf? People saying Ferguson should have taken Rooney off, Terry was limping for basically the whole game and Mouriniho did nothing.....(Put this together with the Portugal scarf) "Best manager in the league" - Andy Townsend. What a load of crap. 4th best.

themuel1 said:
Ok, you need a english manager because they will care about the job, foregeiners don't. No matter what you think they will be always supporting their home nation. Oh, the Arsenal - Tottenham thing - Well, the major reason is I hate Spurs more than I do Arsenal :D

Of course I'd like to see both in, maybe Spurs could swap with the Irish or Welsh team that gets it like Liverpool last season (Shelbourne?). I'd like to see Henry and Campbell win the trophy because I think they are great players.

I can't not support Arsenal in the final, thinking "Come on Barca!" ??? How can you do it? You'd rather a club with no english players beats a club with some?

1 more thing -Sachin, wheres my rep?!!! :p
Don't worry,here it is.

Briggsey said:
Ill drink to that!

:happy I'll drink to that also :happy

Now i really love this thread,Cheatski haters! Though i will say i'm surprised they did so well againt Man U.Great goal by Carvahlo(?).

Briggsey said:
Careful not to get them mixed up with what will happen to Liverpool next year ;)
1. FA Cup Runners Up (To Arsenal)
2. Carling Cup Runners Up (To Arsenal)
3. Well i would say PL runners up to Arsenal, but there isnt a chance Liverpool will finish 2nd next year so oh well :p

There is no chance of this happening if Henry leaves,and Ludovic Guily of Barca says that Henry is coming there next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread