Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was supporting Arsenal last night, despite being a Norwich supporter. Although only having a few English players in the squad, I still felt that they were representing my country and so I supported them for that.

sachin said:
Henry has confirmed he wants to stay with the Gunners!This is great news for Arsenal fans!Henry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes looks like he is, from what he said about Barca players on wednesday it was obvious he was going to stay.

In other news Drogba is feeling the pressure at Chelsea after fans calling him a diver, well sorry Didier but that is what you are.

Arsenal news conference for 2:00PM

Breaking news now on SSN.

It's great news for the best league in the world.

The tax police in Italy are now investigating and interviewing Marcello Lippi today!

What a farcical country for corruption.

3 world cup victories, 2 under Mussolini...

Englishandproud said:
Yes looks like he is, from what he said about Barca players on wednesday it was obvious he was going to stay.

In other news Drogba is feeling the pressure at Chelsea after fans calling him a diver, well sorry Didier but that is what you are.
Sorry!Don't be....

Sureshot said:
Arsenal news conference for 2:00PM

Breaking news now on SSN.

It's great news for the best league in the world.

The tax police in Italy are now investigating and interviewing Marcello Lippi today!

What a farcical country for corruption.

3 world cup victories, 2 under Mussolini...
This is just brilliant.If i could be bothered i'd be jumping around the house!Personally i'm happy that italian football is really being looked at.Cheats!

It is indeed big news. Henry is going to stay at Arsenal. I would have like to seen the couple, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Henry in action. But I guess Barcelona can attract another star player now to fill the gap that Larsson left.

Henry to stay at Arsenal for life

Thierry Henry has ended months of speculation about his future by signing a new four-year contract with Arsenal.

Thierry Henry has ended months of speculation about his future by signing a new four-year contract with Arsenal.
The 28-year-old had a year left on his previous deal and had been linked with a move to Barcelona but says he now expects to end his career at Arsenal.

"At one point it crossed my mind to leave," he told a news conference on Friday, two days after Arsenal lost the Champions League final to Barcelona.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4996270.stm

He obviously prefers to be a big fish in a small pond then a small fish in a big pond. Not much ambition!

That was pretty funny. :laugh But you're right: if he goes to Barcelona he will be an equal star, since the other players are as just as great as them. But at Arsenal he is one of the bigger stars.

It makes you wonder what would happen with Arsenal if he actually left. :rolleyes:

Although I'd have liked him to have left Arsenal thats only because he's a big talent. Its nice to see a player with some club loyalty these days and not just someone who's happy to be a big money bench warmer *cough* half of chelsea *cough*.

Sureshot said:
Only half?
well they do have to have 11 players on the pitch (at the start of the match anyway) :p

Ste said:
He obviously prefers to be a big fish in a small pond then a small fish in a big pond. Not much ambition!

Not really, it's more ambitious to stay at an up and coming side than to go to an already established side.

From some point I like it that Henry staid with Arsnenal, since this season they showed English football summaries here, apart from BBC 1.

I hope they show it next season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread