Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my early predictions:

Barclays Premiership season 2006/2007 predictions

Winners: Manchester United FC

UEFA Champions League qualifiers: Manchester United FC, Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC, Arsenal FC

UEFA Cup qualifiers: Newcastle United FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC

Relegated: Reading FC, Sheffield United FC, winner of Coca Cola Football League Championship play-offs

ZexyZahid said:
It makes you wonder what would happen with Arsenal if he actually left. :rolleyes:

That's the same thing with gerrad at liverpool...if he wasn't their in the fa cup final they would have lost 3-1...Arsenal shouldn't be dissapointed with what they have done this year with such a young team...they just need to forget this and buy some good experienced players and they can beat any team in the world as they showed against barcelona with 10 men...

gerrard_neville.jpg

Man, Ste is coming with really great jokes. :rtfl

The guy who edited the cup in the Neville picture and put the Mickey Mouse picture in it did a great job. :clap

And maybe a bit of sad news.

Man Utd owner has second stroke

Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer has suffered a second stroke and been re-admitted to hospital, BBC Radio Five Live reports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4999748.stm

Some addition to this: 'Glazer has yet to watch a Man Utd game in person'

Last edited:
SkateBoarder said:

UEFA Champions League qualifiers: Manchester United FC, Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC, Arsenal FC

Relegated: Reading FC, Sheffield United FC, winner of Coca Cola Football League Championship play-offs

Disagree with a few,Reading imo arent going to be relegated.I think Manu will struggle next season and it will be teams like Chelsea,Liverpool and Arsenal among the top 3.

SkateBoarder said:

I disagree with most of those, I really think that Liverpool can win the Premiership. As for all the promoted teams going down again I highly doubt that. Reading may be mid-table, Sheffield United perhaps, and you can't judge the team who haven't been promoted yet!

I reckon that Boro and Charlton may be potential Relegationers this season.

sachin said:
The only one on his level at Barca is Ronaldinho :mad:

At Arsenal Henry is the captain, star player and top striker.
I think at Barca Ronaldinho would be the star player, Puyol would be captain and Eto would be the top striker!

Three different players,sure.If you are talking about matching up skills,then Henry and Ronaldinho are on par.And we do have a great defence at the moment and a young up and coming midfield. What i really loved about Henry's decision was his loyalty.Something football needs nowadays.

hondeyho said:
I really think that Liverpool can win the Premiership.

Not unless Rafa improves the squad. Liverpool depend too much on Gerrard. ;p

Arsenal should do well next season, just 1 or 2 quality signings and I'd back them to win the Prem.

Carragher is far more consistent that Gerrard imo.

Fact is no one has the depth of Chelski, a major disadvantage.

Yeah, Chelsea can win without Lampard, Liverpool can't without Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread