Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Englishandproud said:
In his defence i think Parker is injured, i too however would have picked Nolan and also Joey Barton at Man City over Phil Neville.

Yeah possibly but he would rather play overated tottenham players in the midfield rather than Barton and Nolan, as he is doing tommorow by playing 3 of them against Belarus

WCC_bowler said:
Yeah possibly but he would rather play overated tottenham players in the midfield rather than Barton and Nolan, as he is doing tommorow by playing 3 of them against Belarus

i think Carrick deserves his chance, its Hargreaves that shouldnt be in there.

yes why is Hargreaves going whats he ever done... Carrick is so much better and even Nolan should get a chance

Hargreaves has been an ever present for the German Champions this season, he just never gets played in his position for England.

Spot on Sureshot. People unfortunately only judge Hargreaves based on his 10 minute cameos out of position for England. I don't think Nolan or Barton are good enough to command a first team spot in Bayern Munichs midfield, nor would outshine Ballack at times this season.

If anything his versatility is his biggest problem as Eriksson sees that as an excuse to constantly play him out of position.

I do however agree, as a Spurs fan, that Jenas should never have been in the squad.

Hargreaves is only not rated in this country really because the league he plays in and not many people can watch those games can they? IMO he deserves to be there!
He's also starting at RB tonight, so he's got his chance tonight!

Blatant post booster Andrew ;)

Colin Calderwood is our new manager, on a 3 year deal.

He played for us in 2000-2001, but hadinjury problems.

sid_19840 said:
Seems that Arsenal are in a bit of trouble,they are under investigation by Fifa about all the Ivory Coast buyings from Beveren.They could be expelled from the Champions League,good news for Spurs fans?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/5036342.stm
Well i hope not.Though of course these things happen fairly regularly.Real pity,you'd think life would be worth more then Football.

This is great. :D The Netherlands are the U-21 European Champions. :happy They've won with it 3-0 against Ukraine. Too bad I couldn't watch the match. Even better: I didn't even know the match was today.

They also beat the title favourites France already with 3-2 in the semi-final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread