Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well they've been investigating match fixing among referees, players, coaches, etc.

One of the players is Buffon btw.

These things include.

Phone calls, etc.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Liverpool completed the signing of Craig Bellamy. He should go up well with Crouch and Fowler as they are all different players. Also the fixtures for the premiership released, opening up and againt Sheffield United.

DaveBromlccc

School Cricketer
I'm an Everton fan but I have mixed feelings about Bellamy. Yeah, he's a goalscorer and a good all around player but I don't think his attitude is right. He fell out with Newcastle, probably fell out with Celtic and Blackburn. I'd like to see him do well at Liverpool to be honest.

Also, Good Luck to Michael Owen in his Surgery and Rehab and so on so forth. Gutted!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Bellamy is a lifelong liverpool fan (I know they all say that but I think its true) hopefully that will change his attitude. I dont think rafa would have signed him if he wasnt convinced of that,

sachin

International Coach
Aston Villa,Wigan and Man City first up.HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hopefully we can get off to a good fiery start with Henry on form from the start!

Sureshot

Executive member
Greece have been kicked out of all international football by FIFA, and all their club teams are banned from any tournament outside Greece, for 'Government interference'.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Apparently it could mean that Steve Mclaren's first game as head coach as England could be off!

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Greece suspended from all international competition.

Greece have been suspended from all international competition, meaning they won't take part in Euro 2008, and their club teams won't take part in the Champions league/Uefa cup. The reason is their government is interfering with the football association in Greece, similar to Mugabe in Zimbabwe.

Fifa said they gave them many warnings, but the HFF ignored them so decided today. Well if FIFA's laws are that, then Greece must take them.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I am sure some solution will be reached well before Euro 2008. Clubs participating European competition this season might be affected though.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Yes but if it isn't sorted out soon Greece have to qualify which would be hard if they start like half way through 2007...

Sureshot

Executive member
No they won't.

They have been kicked out of the group, they will not be playing at Euro 2008.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Carlos retires from international football

Roberto Carlos has retired from international football after they lost to france. he said he planned to play for a couple more seasons, but felt now was the right time. Amazing player, and got 132 caps!

Also Hidetoshi Nakata has retired from professional football, even though he is only 29. Sad to see him go, probably Asias best ever player.

sachin

International Coach
Sureshot said:
No they won't.

They have been kicked out of the group, they will not be playing at Euro 2008.
Well i don't understand how Government interference could be that beneficial for Greek Football/I think banning their teams from the Ueafa Cup/Champions League is very harsh.Will that mean Arsenal is certain to get into the Champ League! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread