Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
sachin said:
Well i don't understand how Government interference could be that beneficial for Greek Football/I think banning their teams from the Ueafa Cup/Champions League is very harsh.Will that mean Arsenal is certain to get into the Champ League! :)
If similar steps were followed in cricket, then I am sure teams like England and especially India, would not be playing.

Sureshot

Executive member
Since when have our government interfered with the ECB?

@ Sachin: It may be harsh, but rules are rules and they did have nearly a year of notification!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Sureshot said:
Since when have our government interfered with the ECB?

@ Sachin: It may be harsh, but rules are rules and they did have nearly a year of notification!
Zimbabwe issue. Although I too was with their decision.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The British Government refused to get into the Whole Zimbabwe issue actually. They did say that they would prefer if they didnt go but that was it. But lets not debate this here.

Sureshot

Executive member
Fabio Capello is stepping down as Juve boss and is now almost certainly off to Real Madrid.

The Zimbabwe issue is completely different to Greece's situation.

Sureshot

Executive member
FIFA haven't indulged into it to my knowledge, and have only said "Government interference", this could be anything: Match arranging, player picking, coach picking, ground picking. Could be anything.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
a little outdated this...

Luis Aragon?s has agreed to stay on as coach of Spain for another two years, ending speculation that he would resign after the country's FIFA World Cup exit.

'Pleased'
After negotiations with the Spanish Football Federation the 67-year-old announced he would remain in charge of the team in the quest to win UEFA EURO 2008?. "The federation has convinced me to renew my contract," Aragon?s said. "There is the [UEFA] European Championship coming up and they needed a coach. They told me that they were happy with my work and that they wanted me to stay and I was pleased with that."

Unbeaten run
Aragon?s succeeded I?aki Saez as Spain coach in 2004 and steered the team through qualifying for the World Cup. At the finals in Germany, Spain were one of the most impressive performers in the group stage but came unstuck in the last 16 when they lost 3-1 to France. That was the first time Spain had lost in 25 matches under the former Club Atl?tico de Madrid trainer but the defeat still prompted speculation he would stand down.

Uefa.com

hassan

International Coach
ARSENAL are in talks with Saviola and if he leaves he will choose ARSENAL infront of Panathiniaikos and Bolton

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Now its obvious he wont go to Panathanaikos, with all Greek teams being banned by FIFA from playing in international competitions. Please post transfer related news in the Football Transfers thread.

Sureshot

Executive member
Forest have just come back from a training camp on lake Garda. (On the sides, not actually in it :D ).

David Johnson (Serious back innjury) and Scott Dobie (Broken hip) have both trained with the rest of the lads and are likely to play before the end of September.

Still no transfer news for us, been linked with a few players.

sachin

International Coach
Sureshot said:
FIFA haven't indulged into it to my knowledge, and have only said "Government interference", this could be anything: Match arranging, player picking, coach picking, ground picking. Could be anything.
Well don't you think this allows manipulation by FIFA?They could do anything...

Sureshot

Executive member
Greece broke the rules simple as and recieved warnings about it for a year, FIFA did the right thing.

wolf

International Cricketer
Wolves srtiker Chris Cornes banned for six months after testing postive for cocaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread