Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sureshot said:
Chelsea or Austria?

:D:D

Austria have been very poor lately and sacked their boss a while back.
Wrong player.I'm not good with English players.Whoe's Young?Never heard of him?

JamesyJames3 said:
calm down, calm down, he just got um mixed up!

I still cant believe england cant find a decent left winger. theres one somewhere out there, but where are you!?
Lost i presume.Or maybe he doesn't know what football is? :rolleyes:

Young is the Charlton Full back and captain in absence of Holland.

He's done well for Charlton, used to play for Spurs.

Sureshot said:
Ferdinand is over rated, he has been poor vs Wales, N, Ireland and Denmark. Campbell and terry are our best two CBs.

Agreed. Ferdinand isnt all that hes cracked up to be, just like Rooney(over-rated)

Rooney isn't over-rated, he turns games. only nearing 20 still improve, only reason he was poor vs N. Ireland was his position.

Rooney is in the top 3 footballers in the world.

Sureshot said:
Rooney isn't over-rated, he turns games. only nearing 20 still improve, only reason he was poor vs N. Ireland was his position.

Rooney is in the top 3 footballers in the world.

Yeh I just dont think people should be pressuring him - he aint near the best footballer yet - he has the potential but not yet - i say give it another 3 or so years, i mean what about when Owen came and people were saying "hes the next Big thing" and ok he was good but he has never performed on the world stage - (bar that Argentina goal in 98 and a few other occasional performances)... my worry is that Rooney(whos inexperienced) will struggle against the likes of Italy(with their defence) and Brazil... and his temper can boil over at any time and can cost us games

Briggsey said:
____________________ Robinson ____________________

_____________ Terry ___________ Ferdinand ___________

____Young __________________________________ A.Cole_____

____ Beckham ____ Lampard ____ Gerrard________ J.Cole _____

____________ Owen ______________ Crouch __________

most prob be the side for sat.

But i would put Jamie Carragher at right back instead of young Imo.

Vaughan_Fan said:
Yeh I just dont think people should be pressuring him - he aint near the best footballer yet - he has the potential but not yet - i say give it another 3 or so years, i mean what about when Owen came and people were saying "hes the next Big thing" and ok he was good but he has never performed on the world stage - (bar that Argentina goal in 98 and a few other occasional performances)... my worry is that Rooney(whos inexperienced) will struggle against the likes of Italy(with their defence) and Brazil... and his temper can boil over at any time and can cost us games

What? :D

Owen hasn't done it on the big stage?

He's England 5/6th highest goalscorer of all time and is only 26, he has scored goals with all his clubs, even at Real basing it on per minute it was about a goal every 140 minutes.

And Ashley Cole is innjured tonkertoy.

Vaughan_Fan said:

Rooney is far better than what Owen was when he was Rooneys age!!! Why would Rooney struggle against Brazil or Italy? The Scots drew with Italy!!!!

Italy have not got a team as good as England at the moment in my opinion.

Sureshot said:
What? :D

Owen hasn't done it on the big stage?

He's England 5/6th highest goalscorer of all time and is only 26, he has scored goals with all his clubs, even at Real basing it on per minute it was about a goal every 140 minutes.

Im not talking about club, cause that aint for England and yeh i dunno he didnt really perform at Euro 2004 and didnt perform that great at the last world cup(in my opinion) i just think he never lived up to all the hype that was created around him when he was a youngster - i think he couldve been so much better.

Owen is a gem of a footballer, and one of the best strikers. But I agree that on the international stage, he hasnt done much for some time now. But so has Raul, Vieri, Henry, Crespo.

m_vaughan said:
Owen is a gem of a footballer, and one of the best strikers. But I agree that on the international stage, he hasnt done much for some time now. But so has Raul, Vieri, Henry, Crespo.

Yes exactly my point and I think its because people were pressuring Owen too much, exactly what people are doing to Rooney, I just think that people shouldn't put any pressure on him. I also think that the premiership referee's have to be more harsh on him - he gets away with too much. As we saw against Villarreal in the Champions League, foreign referees dont put up with his rubbish, so if were gonna allow him to be ready for the World Cup i say we should be more harsh on him - otherwise he will never learn and could potentially cost England a match in the world cup.

He doesn't get away with anything more than other players, the Premiership is a more free flowing league (compared to others) thankfully.

Any predictions leading to the England Austria game,england certainly need a win and i think they will win today(unless they put a performance similar to their last two qual. matches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread