Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sid_19840 said:
Any predictions leading to the England Austria game,england certainly need a win and i think they will win today(unless they put a performance similar to their last two qual. matches)

I think england will win the next 2 games the NI game was the kick up the a*se we needed and we will give Austria the suprise of there life's but if crouch is playing we won't get that many goals

danny2502 said:
I think england will win the next 2 games the NI game was the kick up the a*se we needed and we will give Austria the suprise of there life's but if crouch is playing we won't get that many goals

Well, lets hope that Becks plays like he has been for the last couple of weeks and elivers his standard quality crosses. Crouch may well get a few that way.

Right now it's Northern Ireland vs Wales going on. Great match. 2-3 for Wales with five minutes to play.

And England have to win the next match, otherwhile...

But the biggest match I waiting is Czech Republic vs Netherlands. :cool: Netherlands is best rated team in Europe (second in the World) and Czech Republic second team in Europe.

For those who don't remember: Netherlands vs Czech Republic was the best match of Euro 2004.

Well conclusions after first half of England-Austria:
Peter Crouch is a waste of space - he's useless with the ball at his feet, passing it and retaining possession. The only reason he's in the team is cos he can head it. So what did he do when he got a free header in the box? Straight at the goalie.
David Beckham has decided that his telepathic powers are such that he doesn't need to look before he crosses the ball. Result? All his crosses have been to no-one.
Chelsea boys going well but not much else happening. Let's hope the second half is better.

Pretty mediocre performance by England! Would have picked Bent instead of Crouch!
Lampard is better at taking penalties than Beckham. Could so easily be 1-1! The crowd need to get behind them more in the next half!

Stop being so harsh on Crouch, he hasnt done too badly in my opinion. He has been a constant threat when the ball has been delivered into the box.

Also, going back to barmyarmy's post, the free header he had was not easy at all. A lack of pace on the ball means you have to put your own power on it. Using all the strength of your neck. I would be suprised if any player scored that. The only criticism I would have is that he had plenty of time and maybe could of tried bring the ball down and hit it with his foot.

barmyarmy said:
Maybe this is just my Everton bias creeping in... :p
Anyhow we'll see how the second half goes.

everton bias? :p

everton would take crouch at the moment, they need a striker or 4 :)

hmmm, well, pretty disapointing still, but I wouldnt worry..

Rooneys back wednesday :)

Its just a minor blip in form, some of the players we have are world class, but if they play like that they wont win the world cup.

what you all think of crouch? i think he did ok, 7/10

Sureshot said:
1/10 Has as much mobility as a Zimmer Frame.

thats harsh, did you watch the game?

he did his job, everytime the ball was thrown in at him, he won the header. Flicked the ball on many times to other players. The one goal scoring chance he had was not easy at all, not many would score it.

This was an awful display by England. Everybody here would know that England didn't have a great performance. Austria was dominant in the second half, but they didn't create big chances.

English people can hope now that Netherlands will beat Czech Republic, so that they will be qualified. (I read that relation somewhere and also the commentator said it). With a draw or a loss of the Netherlands there will a tense match against Poland.

Also a great match to follow is Croatia vs Sweden. The winner of the match will go the World Cup as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread