Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is something for those who want to have it:

Official squad lists released

The 32 finalist associations qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup? have registered all 736 players using an online tool. The squad lists, which are now available on FIFA's official website, www.FIFAworldcup.com, include the following details for each player: shirt number, position, popular name, shirt name, date of birth, club and club country.

The second, updated version of the official lists of players selected for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany? will be published on FIFA's official website, www.FIFAworldcup.com, at 12.00 (CET) on Thursday, 25 May 2006. These lists will include the following details for each player: shirt number, position, popular name, shirt name, date of birth, club, club country, height, weight, caps and goals.

http://www.fifa.com/en/media/index/0,1369,118006,00.html?articleid=118006

And here are the squads to be downloaded. On this page there are also direct links to the team pages

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060516/1/6svc.html

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Thanks for that ZZ, so now all the squads have been confirmed, everything is shaping up here.

I don't feel that there is as much expectation for the Germans being the hosts as there was 4 years ago for Japan and South Korea. Anybody else feel this?

gold639

International Coach
Drewska said:
Yes, and without Roman Abromovich Chelsea would still be scrapping for 4th place.

You never know, do you? We'd still have Lampard, Terry, Gudjohnsen, Gallas... :p

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
gold639 said:
You never know, do you? We'd still have Lampard, Terry, Gudjohnsen, Gallas... :p

Carlo Cudicini, Claudio Ranieri, Jimmy Floy Hasselbaink, Jesper Gronkjaer (:laugh). Yes they're good but no way near as good as the current squad.

gold639

International Coach
Yep, a Salary Cap should've been introduced ages back.

What do you think of the scandal in the Serie A? Personally I can't wait to see Juve in the Serie B. :)

sachin

International Coach
gold639 said:
Yep, a Salary Cap should've been introduced ages back.

What do you think of the scandal in the Serie A? Personally I can't wait to see Juve in the Serie B. :)
Well i'd like that,but i think they need some company...Milan! :D Italian football is a bit of a disgrace at the moment, and if they are to get on top of it they'll need some very harsh action.

Englishandproud

Club Cricketer
Nigel Reo-coker has picked up an injury so has been replaced by Phil Neville :eek: in the England standby players for the World Cup. Also coming in on standby is Micheal Dawson from Spurs who replaces Luke Young, who is also injured.

Sureshot

Executive member
sachin said:
Well i'd like that,but i think they need some company...Milan! :D Italian football is a bit of a disgrace at the moment, and if they are to get on top of it they'll need some very harsh action.

Italian football has been corrupted since they won 2 World Cups under Mussolini, who picked 'friendly' referees.

sachin

International Coach
Sureshot said:
Italian football has been corrupted since they won 2 World Cups under Mussolini, who picked 'friendly' referees.
Yeah,i saw a Doco on the Mussolini interference. Has something about him threatening stare player from other countries...

WCC_bowler

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yorkshire_No1 said:
I hope that was sarcasm ;)

No won't be why would it ;) , but then again it shows how incapable of a manager Sven really is, Phil Neville sits on the bench at Old Trafford for years but still gets picked for England, but know hes at Everton playing well week in week out he dosen't even get a look in untill players pull out, Sven ain't got a clue and it also shows his favouritism to the Top Clubs along with the London Clubs like Spurs and Charlton and also certain players, cause he can't be bothered to watch people like Nolan @ Bolton or Parker @ Newcastle because there up north! :mad Rant Over! ;)

Can't wait for the Steve McClaren Era!

Last edited:

Englishandproud

Club Cricketer
WCC_bowler said:
Sven ain't got a clue cause he can't be bothered to watch people like Nolan @ Bolton or Parker @ Newcastle because there up north!

In his defence i think Parker is injured, i too however would have picked Nolan and also Joey Barton at Man City over Phil Neville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread