Football Transfers Thread

From what I saw of Leicester he did ok, he is pretty good considering he had to play with a load of Leicester players all year, anyone who's able to cut it at his age must be pretty good anyway.

Well apparently Lampard is already in Italy to sign the deal. And also as a result Inter will withdraw from the race to sign Deco.

I am very curious to see how English players do outside England. Owen, Beckham and McManaman did well.

It would be a mistake for Chelski to sell Lampard, so hopefully he will go to Italy, as that will also carry the added bonus of making him a better player internationally.

I think selling Lampard will be a blessing in disguise for Chelsea. Ballack can then takeover, and the German is far far better player.

But Lampard has served the club well, so kudos to him for that!

If fat Frank goes everyone will see how bad he is. He will have to do his own work unlike at Chelsea where the likes of Ballack do it for him and he takes the credit.

yh will be intresting to see how quickly and how well he can adapt to the italiant style of football

Well apparently Lampard is already in Italy to sign the deal. And also as a result Inter will withdraw from the race to sign Deco.

I am very curious to see how English players do outside England. Owen, Beckham and McManaman did well.

Are you kidding? Beckham did awful.

Beckham dint do awful. He started of well, but then had a poor spell, and ended off on a high note, playing a crucial role in Madrid's title win. And that poor spell he had was because the entire team was playing crap under some horrible management.

Don't think Owen did too well though, Beckham wasn't great but did well at the end, Woodgate struggled over there, although injuries were a big part of that.

Owen never really got a chance at Madrid though, as we've seen in the last season he needs to be playing regularly and when he hits form he will stay in form and get goals.

Lampard is getting way too much stick. He scored in the champions league final for a start. He might not be Ballack but he doesn't have to be. I think he'll be a success over there if he does go. he knows Mourinho and how he'll be playign it will just take a while to adjust to the pace. I will be glad to see him gone because towards the end of last year Chelsea were really overpowering us in midfield when they played Essien, Lampard and Ballack. Although that was as much to do with Ballack playing as well as ever.

It is like 2 days or something till it officially opens now so I'm guessing we'll be hearing from Ronsoon enough. Seems to have died down a bit the speculation and a few people are saying that he will be staying now.

Phil FM? :p

Thats true Owen could never get a start because Quieroz preferred Raul and Ronaldo. But Owen used to score whenever he was brought on. So cant say he dint do well. I am certain his goal scoring to minutes played ratio is a very high one for the time he was playing for us.

I can't say much, but Owen's a midget really, I wouldn't want the scouser at OT.

Not a great fan of Frank Lampard, decent player but overrated, if he goes I'll be glad to see the end of his 20 deflected goals a season. Chelski only really overpowed us in the 1st half at Stamford Bridge and the 2nd half of the CL final, we were the better team in the 2nd half of the league game and 1st half of the CL final. Ballack is a much bigger influence than Lampard.

well arsenal are linked with huntlear now...tbh i would rather have him than ade...sell aded for 24 and get him for around 20 and make a healthy 4mil profit and he looks like a much better player than ade as well...

Chelsea seem to have made a formal approach to Madrid for Robinho. Calderon and company are looking for atleast €45m.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

well arsenal are linked with huntlear now...tbh i would rather have him than ade...sell aded for 24 and get him for around 20 and make a healthy 4mil profit and he looks like a much better player than ade as well...

Klaus is miles better than Ade ever was or will be. But you wont get him for 20mil. If I remember correctly Villarreal's bid of 25mil was rejected by Ajax last season.

Chelsea look set to sign Deco. This would see Lampard leaving most probably, I don't really think they need to replace Lampard but obviously big Phil wants to bring in some Portuguese.

Leicester Fox added 15 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Deco has signed.

Users who are viewing this thread