Football Transfers Thread

I dont know whether Deco will be able to play the like the way he did for Porto and initially for Barcelona, but last season he was rubbish.

I'd rather we sold Adebayor, for the money being quoted we'd do ridiculously well out of it considering Adebayor can't finish 4 times out of 5. To sell him for £30 odd million would be absolutely fantastic, and hopefully free up the funds for a Villa type.

Villa seems set to remain at Valencia for some reason. He is too good a player not to be playing Champions League football. He would be a Madrid player by now if we had stopped pursuing stupid Ronaldo who cant even make the Euro 2008 team, and if Spanish clubs were willing to sell their players to each other. Its a shame really. Ruud and Raul arent getting any younger, and Villa, Soldado and Higuain would represent the perfect next generation!

m_vaughan added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I'd rather we sold Adebayor, for the money being quoted we'd do ridiculously well out of it considering Adebayor can't finish 4 times out of 5. To sell him for ?30 odd million would be absolutely fantastic, and hopefully free up the funds for a Villa type.

Anyone who pays 30mil for Adebayor has to be mental!.

And it is very much possible to compare Klaus and Ade, and Klaus kicks Ade's backside every day of the year!

Villa seems set to remain at Valencia for some reason. He is too good a player not to be playing Champions League football. He would be a Madrid player by now if we had stopped pursuing stupid Ronaldo who cant even make the Euro 2008 team, and if Spanish clubs were willing to sell their players to each other. Its a shame really. Ruud and Raul arent getting any younger, and Villa, Soldado and Higuain would represent the perfect next generation!

m_vaughan added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Anyone who pays 30mil for Adebayor has to be mental!.

As opposed to someone who would pay ?70+ mil for Ronaldo?

Also, what non-CL team wants Villa?

As opposed to someone who would pay ?70+ mil for Ronaldo?

Also, what non-CL team wants Villa?

I was against it from the beginning. Anyways you are comparing the best player in the world to someone who misses more than he scores.

Also when I meant Villa needs to be playing CL football I meant he wont be able to do so if he remains with Valencia. And he himself has admitted he wants to leave.

Villa seems set to remain at Valencia for some reason. He is too good a player not to be playing Champions League football. He would be a Madrid player by now if we had stopped pursuing stupid Ronaldo who cant even make the Euro 2008 team!
Someone sounds bitter;), you can't judge a player off the Euro 2008 team, as its probably picked by Platini.

And it is very much possible to compare Klaus and Ade, and Klaus kicks Ade's backside every day of the year!
Completely different players though, Adebayor very strong in the air etc.

Klaus is miles better than Ade ever was or will be. But you wont get him for 20mil. If I remember correctly Villarreal's bid of 25mil was rejected by Ajax last season.
yh but that was last year...maybe the times have changed...i mean ac are willing to give around the 25mil mark for ade and i we can give about the same amount for klaus, it wouldn't be bad business...

If we get 30 mil for Adebayor I will be happy. He can't even conrtol the ball.

yh but that was last year...maybe the times have changed...i mean ac are willing to give around the 25mil mark for ade and i we can give about the same amount for klaus, it wouldn't be bad business...

If you can do that then great. But somehow I dont see anyone paying 25mil for Adebayor.

m_vaughan added 4 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Someone sounds bitter;), you can't judge a player off the Euro 2008 team, as its probably picked by Platini.

Completely different players though, Adebayor very strong in the air etc.

It wasnt picked by Platini but by a team of eight former coaches. Nothing wrong with it as well. I have nothing against buying Ronaldo, but not for the price United are quoting. I've said this from the very beginning, Ronaldo wouldnt really be helping Madrid a great deal, if at all. But then he is the best player in the world at the moment, and Real always have had the best playing for them. In my time, I've seen the likes of Raul, Figo, Seedorf, Zidane, Ronaldo 9, and now Casillas play their best football wearing the white jersey.

Last edited:
What about the marketing side of things? Madrid get Ronaldo's image rights so they could make a fortune out of him. Ronaldo would be helping Madrid, you haven't got that great a team you know, you were knocked out of the Champions League by Roma, who incidentally, we beat.

You've only had the best playing for you due to bully tactics like you're trying with Ronaldo (obviously I dont mean with Casillas and Raul). I think it's brilliant what United have done, no matter what they say, Madrid thought they'd got their man, and if they don't get him now, it's going to be very embarrassing for them.

neither can i tbh....i think he will stay this season but that interview of his caused some confusion...

also arsenal seemed to have signed Amaury Bischoff from bremen...never heard of him tbh...a midfielder and only played a game or two for bremen...
and rumours are also flying around that arsenal are in search of Miguel Veloso who looks like a great prospect at the age of 22 and would fir in perfectly where flamini played so well last season...he has a buy-out clause of 23mil but i can see him going for around 15-16mil to one of the top clubs...and it could even be us
i mean if he comes to us he is pretty much guaranteed first team football and we are going from strength to strength with the current breed of youngsters...

Why will it be an embarrassment for Madrid. Besides we were beaten more by luck than merit by Roma. Anyone who saw both legs would know that.

Man to man we were always better than Roma or United, but now Schuster has got us working as a brilliant unit. Just watch how Sneijder and Robben(if he stays injury free) play next season. Infact Ronaldo's arrival might just disrupt the balance in the side just like Beckham did when he came.

If at all it will be a embarrassment for United if he does make the move. But I would be upset if it was for the price being quoted.

No one is beaten by luck over two legs. Ofcourse if they dont get him it will be an embarassing situation for madrid as it will be the first time they havent got a player they want.

I think Chelsea need some english players now.

Users who are viewing this thread