Football Transfers Thread

Liverpool have ruled themselves out of signing Villa, but want Keane. They've missed a huge trick if they give up on Villa, if you ask me. They've got one piece of the puzzle in Torres, so they should move heaven and earth to get Villa. Good thing they're so stupid then! :p

Na, next year is their year, they've turned the corner. If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be very excited about buying Keane, Barry and maybe Downing, and getting rid of Alonso. They are gonna win everything next season, the wait is over...

Oh yes, I forgot: every year is their year! So we'll just put up with their chirruping for now I suppose and we'll do our chirruping next May...

Calderon corrupt? The whole bloody club is corrupt! I mean, what's with this constant funding by the bloody government! And these guys are representing Europe as champions, a country where this sort of thing goes on? Not to mention the frequent racism issues there!

You guys are such noobs.

Spain >> England
Madrid >> United will ever be

You might be the European Champions but we have won three since the new competition began in 1992, and thats still 1 more than you.

And the corruption or whatever the Catalans term is from a by-gone era. Spain have economic problems and cant afford to fund us.

United are infinitely greater than Madrid. Your club has 0% class. Manchester united is a real football club.

Well said! Man Utd don't go around sponging off the government, do they?

Face it, Real Madrid's glory days are over!

As for Spain being better than England, didn't we beat you 3-0 in the not too distant past?
Also, how many World Cups have Spain won?

Oh yes, that's right! They've never won it! No stars on your shirt? All together now: AAaaaaaaahhh!

Last edited:
Well said! Man Utd don't go around sponging off the government, do they?

Face it, Real Madrid's glory days are over!

As for Spain being better than England, didn't we beat you 3-0 in the not too distant past?
Also, how many World Cups have Spain won?

Oh yes, that's right! They've never won it! No stars on your shirt? All together now: AAaaaaaaahhh!

Since then Spain have beaten England 1-0 both home and away. Spain are 1st in the rankings, and England are I really dont know where.

Glory days over? Really, you win your first european title in some nine years and are make such big comments.

And no we dont sponge off the government, it used to happen in the past, and that time it was a political battle and Real was used a pawn on the sporting field. Its a long story but you guys wont understand.

And someone said something about a real club?? Well just for the record we are the one with elections and a president rather than a company being owned by a foreign owner.

And someone said something about a real club?? Well just for the record we are the one with elections and a president rather than a company being owned by a foreign owner.
So? We didn't get a choice about whether we were owned by Glazer. We're hardly happy about it either now are we. You have plastic fans and are a plastic club. You won't find our club getting help. We've earnt the right to be where we are today.

Oh and I find it rather funny that you say Spain>England because of where they are right now and then you say madrid>united because of the past.

Since then Spain have beaten England 1-0 both home and away. Spain are 1st in the rankings, and England are I really dont know where.

Glory days over? Really, you win your first european title in some nine years and are make such big comments.

And no we dont sponge off the government, it used to happen in the past, and that time it was a political battle and Real was used a pawn on the sporting field. Its a long story but you guys wont understand.

At least we're not owned by our damn government! Face it, if the government stopped funding you, where would you be???? We don't need to sponge off our government, we make our own money. And before you say that the Glazers bought money in, they didn't. All those stupid American idiots did was to saddle us with a £500m debt! (Which I'm fairly sure we've now cleared, but not by way of a handout from the government.)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

So? We didn't get a choice about whether we were owned by Glazer. We're hardly happy about it either now are we. You have plastic fans and are a plastic club. You won't find our club getting help. We've earnt the right to be where we are today.

Oh and I find it rather funny that you say Spain>England because of where they are right now and then you say madrid>united because of the past.

Exactly! How many C/Ls have Real won in the Modern era??

Also, you want to stop slagging off England! Remember France? They failed to qualify for USA 1994, sat down, sorted themselves out and went and won it four years later! And I reckon they would've won it on foreign soil as well.

Last edited:
The government doesnt sponsor us anymore. It was during the freaking 50s and the post-Civil war period. Real were Madrid's club and Barca were the Catalan's and both parties used to try to determine supremacy using the football teams. Thats why the rivalry is so heated.

The last time you can say the government showed leniancy towards us was when they bought our training ground to clear our debt. Its not illegal, but they helped us, but we did sell the property. God!!

I support Liverpool (yeah yeah, I'm not from England bla bla bla) but I have to say, United > Real Madrid. Really, the past may look all rosy, but it's the past, and it doesn't matter anymore. At this point in time, United are a better team, and that's all there is to it.

Doesn't matter what country you come from, support who you like! You could've made a better choice, but we won't go into that now, eh? ;)

Jeez, can we have at least one thread that isn't a Spain is Greater than all thread or a Man Utd are the best thread?

You might be the European Champions but we have won three since the new competition began in 1992, and thats still 1 more than you.
Firstly, if we're going to have a fair debate, the European Cup didn't start in 92, as you know. You've won 9, we've won 3. However, football clubs are not just judged on trophies. Madrid have no class, yes they may have an electoral system, but thats corrupt as the candidates only win votes by saying they will get the best player in the world, ie Calderon at the moment.

About that training ground you said, look whose hands its in now, they bought it off you to clear debts, then gave you it back for free, thats being funded by the government in my book.

United are a REAL football club. You get 200 fans going to your aways, (not an exagguration). We get 9,000 going to some aways, and it would be more if it wasn't for a smaller allocation. What you said about Glazer, thats not United, thats some brand, or product. Thats not the real United we're talking about, the real United that thousands of mancunians rioted against in May 2005, we are football people in this city. Everyone else is happy with a takeover, where were the complaints from Chelski, City fans etc. and its coming back to haunt them and will continue to do so.

United > Anyone else.

en eff tee

Users who are viewing this thread