Football Transfers Thread

I'm an Arsenal fan,and the support in England is amazing. Last season,Derby were packed out for the last few games in the season,even though they were down with 12 points or whatever it was. Would you see that in Madrid or Barca in the same situation?
So true, there's a picture somewhere of thousands of Derby fans at Blackburn in their last away game of the season, doing a beach party day. Will see if I can find it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/derby4life/Picture145.jpg

Blimey i'm glad Everton are shite. That way I don't have to argue about how they're greater than everyone else.

Now fellas let's all just calm down and just accept the fact that evceryone knows Madrid are just a lowly bunch of greasy spicks. That includes you mr 'i'm from the UAE so i'll support the team who has the nicest shirt and then have the nerve to critiscise other football fans loyalty'.

I'm not fond of United either, but they are a proper club. As are all English clubs bar Chelsea who are still more proper than Madrid.

Matt, I'd rather be shite and finish top half than be absolutely fackin' terrible and just miss relegation.

Spain do have better fans than England. Can't beat the atmosphere of 10,000 fans chanting and shouting racist abuse.

I'm an Arsenal fan,and the support in England is amazing. Last season,Derby were packed out for the last few games in the season,even though they were down with 12 points or whatever it was. Would you see that in Madrid or Barca in the same situation?

Highly unlikely. Spanish fans (in fact, most European fans, are notoriously fickle.)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Spain do have better fans than England. Can't beat the atmosphere of 10,000 fans chanting and shouting racist abuse.

Well said! And now these morons are European Champions! Yeps, they sure act like it.

And arrogantly rubbing it in Bastian Schweinsteiger's face by walzing past him doing a dance as he's trying to interview, just after he's lost one of the most important games of his career.

Led by who, oh yes, Iker Casillas, not the first time there has been a lack of class from Madrid.

Mr. Schweinsteiger, as good a player he is, should have really known when to stop talking during the game. Puyol and Marchena are both senior to him. But all that is part of the game, and if you really have balls you wont be affected by it.

Last edited:
Fox Sports just mentioned that Manchester United have made a bid for Berbatov. I dont think Spurs are yet good enough to finish in the top four (although I did say they would in my predictions) and Berbatov is at the peak of his playing career and should be playing in the Champions League.

If you did the see the game Phil you'd have known that Schweinsteiger kept on (continuous) talking crap at Puyol and Marchena and Casillas got pissed off once as well. He got it back, and I am sure he wouldnt mind it. He is a great player nevertheless.

Nothing do with class or the lack of it, just humour. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I would have loved it if Spain had done that to Gattusso.

m_vaughan added 12 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Lilian Thuram is poised to join PSG

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/thuram_to_join_psg_news_262337.html

Although I think there was issue with his apparent heart problems and hence might fail the medical. But definately not good and fast enough to play in La Liga anymore.

So now we ave no Queiroz, I think he left because a) we didn't want him as manager or at the very least wouldn't guarantee it and b) Portugals obviously a much better job than any assistant manager job. Did a good job, very good on transfers. I think we could see us playing a more attacking style in Europe now though. Could be another reason Ronny goes. tbh I might as well say it now but I want him to go. I expect everyone else will play better without him, he's out for 3 months of the season, we'll get a lot of quality for the money, the deal is far better for us than it is for Madrid and he doesn't want to be here.

Berbatov doesn't do it for me. Huntelaar or Eto'o. Plus if Ronny goes we'd need another player, I'd like Silva or Ribery.

Man Utd have put in a £20m bid:

'Meanwhile, back at Spurs, apparently the north Londoners have finally received a bid for striker Dimitar Berbatov after two years of the Bulgarian being on the verge of leaving. It's a £20 million offer from Manchester United, in case you're interested.'

Berbatov may be a bit of a loose cannon, but maybe Sir Alex can tame him?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

If you did the see the game Phil you'd have known that Schweinsteiger kept on (continuous) talking crap at Puyol and Marchena and Casillas got pissed off once as well. He got it back, and I am sure he wouldnt mind it. He is a great player nevertheless.

Nothing do with class or the lack of it, just humour. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I would have loved it if Spain had done that to Gattusso.

m_vaughan added 12 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Lilian Thuram is poised to join PSG

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/thuram_to_join_psg_news_262337.html

Although I think there was issue with his apparent heart problems and hence might fail the medical. But definately not good and fast enough to play in La Liga anymore.

Didn't someone headbutt Schweinsteiger and he just let it bounce off him without rolling around like he'd been shot? Don't get me wrong, the Germany football team annoy the hell out of me, but they are tough S.o.Bs!

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

So now we ave no Queiroz, I think he left because a) we didn't want him as manager or at the very least wouldn't guarantee it and b) Portugals obviously a much better job than any assistant manager job. Did a good job, very good on transfers. I think we could see us playing a more attacking style in Europe now though. Could be another reason Ronny goes. tbh I might as well say it now but I want him to go. I expect everyone else will play better without him, he's out for 3 months of the season, we'll get a lot of quality for the money, the deal is far better for us than it is for Madrid and he doesn't want to be here.

Berbatov doesn't do it for me. Huntelaar or Eto'o. Plus if Ronny goes we'd need another player, I'd like Silva or Ribery.

Isn't Eto'o a bit old now? How old is Huntelaar?

As for Ronaldo, you may well be right. He'll be off next year, whatever happens.

Eto'o is 27 so he's not exactly young but he's still got a few years left in him and he's a very good player, best striker available atm for me. Huntelaar is 24 so he's pretty young.

Users who are viewing this thread