Football Transfers Thread

Either one of them would do for me, in that case. I've got a sneaking suspicion that Huntelaar would fit in better. Are we still tracking him?

Nothing do with class or the lack of it, just humour. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I would have loved it if Spain had done that to Gattusso.
You can't use this humour card every time Spain do something wrong, like you seemed to do with them being racists.

No matter what had happened during the game, it shows such a lack of class to do that its untrue, probably a similar lack of class to that of Ramon Calderon.

Disappointed at Quieroz going, wasn't his biggest fan in the 4-5-1 dark ages, however, he's turned out to be an excellent tactical coach. I haven't got a problem with his decision, he can't turn down his country and leaves on good terms, take note Ronaldo. Good luck to him in the future!

Onto Ronaldo, after what he said about Blatter the other day, I now think he wants to go. However, play him for 5 minutes in the Champions League (cup-tied for Madrid), then let him rot in the stands. Selling him now would make us seem so, so, so incredibly weak. What happens in two years time when they come knocking for Nani and Anderson? It would set a very dangerous precedent. Plus not selling him would really screw the greedy twats career. Obviously he wants more money, and he feels like a slave on that money, unbelievable. Contrary to what some people have said, he actually supported Benfica as a kid, yes of course he admired Madrid, living in Portugal its obvious he would, but he's not exactly Madrid's Boyle. He would never have been the player he is now without us, he owes us, not the other way around. No other club in the country would have stuck with him after 06, he would have been out on his arse, or when other club's fans were calling him a cheat or a one-trick pony. I guess he's always been an arrogant nob, but he's always been our arrogant nob. Does he seriously think he's going to be getting Ruud and Raul to do the work Rooney and Tevez do for him at United? Neither of the former two work the channels like Rooney and Tevez, and part of Ruud's move to Madrid was because of a major arguement between him and Ronaldo. Let him rot...

Agreed Raul and Ruud dont work as hard as Rooney and Tevez thats because the Madrid system and the game in Spain in general works different and the work is done by the midfield and full backs. Raul plays behind Van Nistelrooy and has played a very crucial role last season and making numerous assists and scoring goals as well. He has lost pace, but he still has that brilliant final touch and his flicks and dummies are spectacular. Like the other Ronaldo said, Raul is like a machine.

As far as making him cup-tied is concerned, well that would either prevent the deal altogether or reduce the transfer fee drastically. Besides he did say he wont be fit for three months so cant play before that anyways.

Real Madrid are looking at Rafael van Der Vaart and Diego Capel as alternatives. I dont mind Capel because he can play both as a wingback and fullback on the left side.

Anderson son son will never go. Nani I can see happening at some point but you can tell Anderson is loving it and is exactly the sort of hard working player united love. Let him rot is a bit harsh. The reason he's acting like this is probably because it's hard for him to leave united, if he didn't give a **** he just wouldn't bother turning up and come out in the media and say he wants to go. he doesn't want to play for just 1 club, but then he doesn't want to be a great player he wants to be the best. He wants to do it everywhere. I doubt he will find half the success because at Madrid he won't be able to get twice as many shots as the next closest player in the league (and that's not an exaggeration it's true) but he wants to prove everyone wrong.

A Berbatov signing now looks very likely. A good player but really doesn't excite me. Then again the last signing I got really excited about was Carrick because I knew it was the ned of our crap period. Then it was Rooney. The one that wouldexcite me is Eto'o. Sign him up ferie :D

I really enjoy watching Berbatov play. If he signs for Utd it will be very good because I highly rate and like watching him.

Barcelona are preparing to make a sensational final bid for Emmanuel Adebayor and offer Samuel Eto'o plus €10m to finally conclude a deal for the striker, according to Sport. GOAL

i wouldn't mind that...wouldn't mind that at all...i think personally eto'o is a better finisher that ade but the latter does have a height advantage...but yh...i would let him go tbh as he himself doesn't want to stay

NOOOOO you can't get Eto'o I want him :p He will finish with 40 goals next season if Arsenal buy him imo. Well if he adjusts well to the league anyway. To think a few years ago he nearly ended up at Spurs!

well barca do want rid of him...and berbatov looks like he's goin as well...so if he doesn't come to arsenal, spurs have a good(ish) chance of grabbin him

Anderson son son will never go. Nani I can see happening at some point but you can tell Anderson is loving it and is exactly the sort of hard working player united love.
Yeah I agree at the moment, but things could change easily in the future. They could very easily come in for Nani and we'd have to bend over and give them what they wanted, because a statement from us saying he's not for sale, wouldn't work.

Let him rot is a bit harsh. The reason he's acting like this is probably because it's hard for him to leave united, if he didn't give a **** he just wouldn't bother turning up and come out in the media and say he wants to go. he doesn't want to play for just 1 club, but then he doesn't want to be a great player he wants to be the best.
It's not harsh at all, perhaps if he'd had said what he wanted all along, I would have been a bit more understanding, but to come out and say he wanted to be a United legend like Law, Best, Charlton, the Busby Babes etc in February and now do this now is unforgiveable. He doesn't deserve to wear the red shirt, but he doesn't deserve to get what he wants, so put him in the reserves and if he doesn't like it, tough luck. He's 23 ffs, not even near his prime yet, he's got plenty of time to go to Spain in two or three years time. But no, as soon as he fulfils his potential he forgets about the club that has made him do that, and wants to play for someone else.

Since about 2005, thats not the point though, he's got at least 10 years left in football, he said in May, its his dream but sometimes dreams don't come true. Also after the CL final, he said "I stay". Now having said he made his decision before the CL final, thats a downright lie, and he's taking the piss out of United and the fans.

You can't use this humour card every time Spain do something wrong, like you seemed to do with them being racists.

No matter what had happened during the game, it shows such a lack of class to do that its untrue, probably a similar lack of class to that of Ramon Calderon.

Disappointed at Quieroz going, wasn't his biggest fan in the 4-5-1 dark ages, however, he's turned out to be an excellent tactical coach. I haven't got a problem with his decision, he can't turn down his country and leaves on good terms, take note Ronaldo. Good luck to him in the future!

Onto Ronaldo, after what he said about Blatter the other day, I now think he wants to go. However, play him for 5 minutes in the Champions League (cup-tied for Madrid), then let him rot in the stands. Selling him now would make us seem so, so, so incredibly weak. What happens in two years time when they come knocking for Nani and Anderson? It would set a very dangerous precedent. Plus not selling him would really screw the greedy twats career. Obviously he wants more money, and he feels like a slave on that money, unbelievable. Contrary to what some people have said, he actually supported Benfica as a kid, yes of course he admired Madrid, living in Portugal its obvious he would, but he's not exactly Madrid's Boyle. He would never have been the player he is now without us, he owes us, not the other way around. No other club in the country would have stuck with him after 06, he would have been out on his arse, or when other club's fans were calling him a cheat or a one-trick pony. I guess he's always been an arrogant nob, but he's always been our arrogant nob. Does he seriously think he's going to be getting Ruud and Raul to do the work Rooney and Tevez do for him at United? Neither of the former two work the channels like Rooney and Tevez, and part of Ruud's move to Madrid was because of a major arguement between him and Ronaldo. Let him rot...

Well said! I especially love the idea playing him for five minutes in the C/L, so he's cup-tied for them. And you're right, if we cave in now, then Real will believe, even more that they do now, that we're some sort of feeder club for them....which we're NOT!

After everything that's happened, I just don't see Ronaldo being the same this year, not to mention the factor of how well he'll recover from his injury. I can see him having a very average season and then buggering off in January or next summer at the very latest. As you said, no other club would've stuck with him after WC 2006 and he's now throwing that back in our faces. I mean, if he wanted a transfer, why didn't he ask Sir Alex, instead of blabbing to the press? And that twat Blatter hasn't helped, he's stirred it all up again. Before he stuck his oar in, I would've said that it looks like he'll stay, but now I'm not too sure. And I reckon that Mr Scolari had a word in his shell-like as well! He'll fit right in at Chelsea, trying to sabotage a rival by buying all their targets or upsetting the atmosphere in their dressing room, instead of actually concentrating on playing better than them!

What is it with these international tournaments? After every single one, something has to happen involving Ronaldo!

MasterBlaster76 added 5 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Since about 2005, thats not the point though, he's got at least 10 years left in football, he said in May, its his dream but sometimes dreams don't come true. Also after the CL final, he said "I stay". Now having said he made his decision before the CL final, thats a downright lie, and he's taking the piss out of United and the fans.

He's just stringing us along mate.

Last edited:
I dont know why you feel Real consider United as a feeder club. We are just interested in the player who happens to be the best in the world right now and happens to play for you as well, and in this case even the player seems to be interested in moving. If both player and club said no, then it was a different matter.

Like I said this move might not happen because Mijatovic seems to be keen on landing Diego Capel or Rafael Van der Vaart instead for much more acceptable price.

Users who are viewing this thread