Football Transfers Thread

Shantanu, from where do you get your news?

Firstly, Ferguson has already stated that he's only looking at one addition in Berbatov and why would he waste ?18m in someone as overrated as Arshavin?

Secondly, if Real Madrid say Robinho is worth more than ?48m, what makes you think they'd agree a fee of ?17m less than the 'original' offer?

Well about the Arshavin thing I saw that on some site in the papers column and robinho well i never said they would agree a fee. but I feel he is too over rated .

Most of what he says is true though, there's not many people in football who will say things as they are any more.

100% true, footballers live in their own little bubble, which is completely detatched from reality (as do Hollywood actors and pop stars).

Barcelona are ready to bid for Silva. Silva is a European champion and regarded as the best left sided winger in the world who can play on the right as well. But Valencia want to keep him and were ready to offer him a good contract along with David Villa.

That is still a rumour. Fact is Valencia have rejected all bids so far for Villa and Silva. (as they said on the club's official website)

I would be very angry if Silva joins those catalans.

I think Robben is better. But then he hardly plays because of injuries. Then there is Van Persie as well with the .... same problem.

I wouldn't class VP as a winger. He was a supporting striker this season

Well I think Robben is the best winger ever but as Sid said he is injury prone . VP is been used like Kuyt . VP is a great striker .

except Kuyt is shite and is the other way was a striker but realised he's shite and pushed him on the wing which is far better suited cos he works so hard

Makelele has joined PSG from Chelsea. He did his job well both at Chelsea and Real Madrid and I always thought selling him was a big mistake made by Florentino. Both Gravesen and Pablo Garcia who played after him were not even half as useful.

But he was nearing 36 now so it was better for Chelsea to give him a good exit now before people start questioning his age and lack of pace. But a very good player nevertheless.

Silva - best in the world? Better than Robben?

Robben is far from the best himself... but Silva is a sure star in the making if he can keep playing the way he has been playing in the passt seasons n Euro 08

Kayne_esp added 4 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Makelele has joined PSG from Chelsea. He did his job well both at Chelsea and Real Madrid and I always thought selling him was a big mistake made by Florentino. Both Gravesen and Pablo Garcia who played after him were not even half as useful.

But he was nearing 36 now so it was better for Chelsea to give him a good exit now before people start questioning his age and lack of pace. But a very good player nevertheless.

i must agree with u. Makelele is a great defensive player, maybe the best I've seen play since he is so intelligent. He doesnt appear to be seen by all but gets the job done... Think it was the best thing to do to let him go by Chelsea as he is getting old n slowing down also gives another player a chance to play in his place but doubt anyone can get into the first team in place of Essien!

I dint like Essien being used at right back every now and then although that could have something to do with the fact that Belletti and Ferreira were both struggling. But Essien should play in Makelele's spot. He is more attack-minded than the Frenchman as well.

yeah, essien was used in right back only again strong teams so makelele could play in centre along with ballack and lampard. at right back he was better than beletti and at the same time went forward to support the attack it works out very well but now i think he wil remain in centre where he is best ast chelsea now has a new right back. think he is call Bosingwa and he is very good played at the euro for Portugal

Users who are viewing this thread