Football Transfers Thread

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bojan's is nothing more than a wasted talent, he can go to Stoke City and kill the rest of it. I think it could happen.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Mangala deal is almost done.

Enner Valencia will be a good signing, that kid has a massive leap. He has flourished it seems after moving from the wing to up front. Can't stop scoring. It'll take him at least a season to settle though.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, looks to be almost done, and I'm glad we're getting Mangala, but all this talk of Benatia (who I originally thought was unavailable) has really put a damper on the move for me, Benatia is a top 5 CB right now, Mangala has the potential to get there sure, but I don't know why we're banking on potential in a position where we already have Nastasic.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Iago Aspas on verge of joining Sevilla, oh dear me. :rolleyes
Moreno hopes alive apparently. :D

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Transfer news: Chelsea set to sign full-back Filipe Luis from Atletico Madrid | Football News | Sky Sports

Hopefully that will be the end of the exodus at Atleti...

Transfer news: Arsenal edge closer to deal for Real Madrid's Sami Khedira | Football News | Sky Sports

Versatile midfielder, can play as a proper DM or a B2B midfielder, the German contingent at Arsenal sure is increasing.

Cristian Tello loaned to Porto | FC Barcelona

Really thought Everton could've made a play for Tello, after the success that was Deulofeu.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Last edited:

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
And suddenly Keylor Navas is close to a spot at Real Madrid.
It'll be good,considering Iker Casillas' form and showing at the WC..Plus its time Diego Lopez goes back to play second fiddle to a world class goalkeeper, which can be very well found in Navas.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Arsenal looking mightily impressive upfront no doubt, but I'm still sceptical about their backline that conceded 17 against City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Debuchy in place of Sagna is a downgrade if anything. Maybe a world class DM can mitigate that to an extent. Top 4 locked in for sure though. They'll just simply outscore most of their opponents this time around.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Arsenal looking mightily impressive upfront no doubt, but I'm still sceptical about their backline that conceded 17 against City, Chelsea and Liverpool. Debuchy in place of Sagna is a downgrade if anything. Maybe a world class DM can mitigate that to an extent. Top 4 locked in for sure though. They'll just simply outscore most of their opponents this time around.

We lacked performance in the big games full stop, not just in defence. Giroud is useless in the big games, so bringing in Sanchez should mean we can start without him in the big games.

We also suffered from big injuries during the period where we had all our big games - Ramsey and Walcott were key to winning big games earlier in the season, especially the latter from his pace. All we need is a little luck.

Arteta was torn apart in all the big games, the guy is just too slow to stop top attackers from ripping through the defence. He is past it clearly. The DM will fix that. Conceding goals against the big teams like that was never a problem when Arteta was at his best and the defence was poorer, so it shouldn't be with Khedira and the like.

Sagna was perfect defensively but awful going forward. Debuchy is good going forward and decent defensively (mind you you deduce much defensively from his performances at a club like Newcastle that is so poor defensively). They offer different things, and that is why Debuchy played in the World Cup and not Sagna.

I think we still need a couple of CBs as Vermaelen is crap and after playing so many games this season with little end-of-season break, Per is bound to get injured some time. Then we'll be good for the title.

I think we are good going forward, but you are giving us too much credit in this department I think. We'll see how Sanchez settles and how Ozil does with little break. Also it will be interesting to see if Cazorla can capture his first season form. He will be important as Ozil will need a rest early in the season. Plus there is no guarantee Walcott will be as quick as he was.

I'm sure we'll win it either this season or next season, Wenger is going for it hard.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm skysports reporting that James Rodriguez seriously could be going to Madrid.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think he will. He's only going to go there from Monaco and they might as well cash in on him when they'll get someting like 70m. 70m? football prices are getting beyond insane these days.

plus have seen de maria and Isco's name on a lot of sites in the last day suggesting they're trying to flog them off to get some money back.

----------

why has michu joined napoli on loan with an option to buy?

like swansea were just happy to be rid of him or something?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Makes no sense right, Napoli though, much stingy.

Hmm skysports reporting that James Rodriguez seriously could be going to Madrid.

Falcao too, Real need a striker, only have Benzema now after Morata's move to Juve.

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Pretty sure Monaco took advantage of third parties to get Falcao and James in the first place. They didn't even want to go there so it's natural they want out ASAP. Rather it was the wish of their third parties to make more money.

bumbisoft

International Coach
is buying both falcao and rodrigues ok. Bale and CR7 are surely permanent?

Users who are viewing this thread