Football Transfers Thread

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I would imagine James would be to play in-between Bale and Ronaldo and Falcao up front of them all. However, I was not aware that Toni Kroos has already signed (did anyone mention this here BBC Sport - Toni Kroos joins Real Madrid from Bayern Munich ) so that complicates things. Someone's going to get a bargain if Isco and Di Maria are going cheap.

Keylor Navas is not a great signing for Madrid imo, they actually need a keeper, but lets be real, you need superstars reputation to hold down a spot in madrid, you're not not going to cement a spot being a 27 year old costa rican. If Casillas is thought to be on the slide, then they're not going to settle on Lopez or Navas in the long term. They'll be after someone they have to spunk ?30m on and has got some pedigree that makes people excited.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Khedira is the one said to be going out to make room for Kroos, oh and we discussed him as a player and his move to Real about 5 pages ago, so I didn't bother bringing it up after it was finalized yesterday, but sticking with your system, Kroos could be played besides Alonso or Illarramendi and rotated with Modric, I think you'll see di Maria off (rampant transfer speculation on a move to PSG) and Isco along with Jese staying to provide competition for Cristiano, Bale and James.

What a almighty tweaking team though...

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Khedira is the one said to be going out to make room for Kroos, oh and we discussed him as a player and his move to Real about 5 pages ago, so I didn't bother bringing it up after it was finalized yesterday, but sticking with your system, Kroos could be played besides Alonso or Illarramendi and rotated with Modric, I think you'll see di Maria off (rampant transfer speculation on a move to PSG) and Isco along with Jese staying to provide competition for Cristiano, Bale and James.

What a almighty tweaking team though...

Would be very unfortunate if Di Maria has to leave them, even if they buy Hames - he so brilliant last season as we all know.

When you think about although Hames is your typical "Galactico" signing - they realistically don't need him.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Would be very unfortunate if Di Maria has to leave them, even if they buy Hames - he so brilliant last season as we all know.

When you think about although Hames is your typical "Galactico" signing - they realistically don't need him.

Yup, they don't need Kroos either, do they? Real Madrid need their shiny toys though.

James is good, but Di Maria is still a much better player without a doubt, an average World Cup for one and an amazing one for the other doesn't change that. The top assister in Europe last season was Di Maria, and for good reason. Isco is also amazingly talented and being dumped out as well. Madness. If he's not off this season he's off next season for sure. I reckon he'll end up in England, reunion with Pellegrini maybe?

May as well spell the likes of Joel Campbell with an H as well if you're taking that route btw;).

Epic

Panel of Selectors

Well, they were trying to push him out last summer too when they were trying to bring in Bale, obviously Ozil ended up going out, Real just work in cycles, you really just have to be the best in your position (Cristiano) or damn close to it (Casillas) to hold a place down and cement your legacy as a legend.

Remember when Robben and Sneijder went out to make way for Cristiano and Kaka, the gap between those pairs was so minute, but that's Real, they strive to be the most marketable team in the world.

Yup, they don't need Kroos either, do they? Real Madrid need their shiny toys though.

James is good, but Di Maria is still a much better player without a doubt, an average World Cup for one and an amazing one for the other doesn't change that. The top assister in Europe last season was Di Maria, and for good reason. Isco is also amazingly talented and being dumped out as well. Madness. If he's not off this season he's off next season for sure. I reckon he'll end up in England, reunion with Pellegrini maybe?

May as well spell the likes of Joel Campbell with an H as well if you're taking that route btw;).

Maybe next season, we won't have a single penny to spend after this Mangala (or Benatia) deal is done. :p

War

Chairman of Selectors

Ha, the Spanish speaking people i know tended to pronounce the J in Campbell's name normally during the world cup, compared to the "H" sound for Rodriguez or Jose Mourinho for example.

Probably a Spanish dialect thing, i dunno..

----------

Well, they were trying to push him out last summer too when they were trying to bring in Bale, obviously Ozil ended up going out, Real just work in cycles, you really just have to be the best in your position (Cristiano) or damn close to it (Casillas) to hold a place down and cement your legacy as a legend.

Remember when Robben and Sneijder went out to make way for Cristiano and Kaka, the gap between those pairs was so minute, but that's Real, they strive to be the most marketable team in the world.

Ye pretty much. If do do buy Hames & Falcao, I wonder if the FFP people may have something to say about that ha..

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Ha, the Spanish speaking people i know tended to pronounce the J in Campbell's name normally during the world cup, compared to the "H" sound for Rodriguez or Jose Mourinho for example.

Probably a Spanish dialect thing, i dunno..

Spanish people pronounce Jose as Hose (e.g. Hose Enrique), but Mourinho is Portuguese and it is prounounced Jose, and Julio Cesar.

I am surprised people take the time to pronounce James' name correctly. Because so many names are still pronounced wrong, particularly Portuguese ones. For example Hamires, Frej, Danche, Honaldo, etc.

Joel should be Hoel though in Spanish, our pronunciation of J doesn't exist in Spanish.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Ye pretty much. If do do buy Hames & Falcao, I wonder if the FFP people may have something to say about that ha..

Do you mean UEFA or the people in support of FFP? Either way, the elite-club protection scheme has nothing to say about clubs in debt going on spending sprees as long as they've "earned" it.

GlitchInTheMatrix

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Lampard to join New York City (MLS Club)

Glad that he didn't end up in any Arab club :p

----------

Its quite a tradition now that all the legends will play for any American club or Arab club when they dramatically "Leave" their old club :p

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
We had a bid for William Carvalho rejected.

Big news that we're after him. I reckon he'll end up in England and the team he ends up with is sorted for a long, long time. He's the best player in the Liga Sagres and will explode in England.

Could be a tug of war between us and Man Utd as they could really use him too, more than a Vidal type. Khedira is great and all but William would be on much lower wages and means we're sorted in midfield for the next 10+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread