Football Transfers Thread

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apparently we're linked to be in for him as well this Jan, but it would make absolutely no sense, unless the Skrtel to Zenit for 15M rumors are true.

Ye that would be nice if true indeed. One thing about Pool's back-tree formation is that outside of Sakho it lacks pace at times - so if Richards comes that could help in that area.

----------

Richards spends basically all of last season injured and we're at fault? Hell, he even started this season injured... the season we won the title, Richards made 37 apps (29 in the league), the same amount Zabaleta made last season in his absence.

The way forward is Zabaleta at LB and Richards at RB.

Yes i know he was basically 1st choice right back the season City won the title & his injury woes last season. But even when he fully fit i always got the feeling last season with Mancini & now with Pellegrini (spell check) that he isn't first choice.

Zabaleta seems the clear # 1@ RB & when fit Kompany/Nastasic are first choice center back pairing.

Interesting you think that is the way forward with the full-backs. In Clichy & Kolorav i'd say you have two solid left-back options. Most teams in the premiership would glad to have one of them, much less two.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
He isn't seen as first choice anymore because in his absence, Zabaleta's become the best RB in the league... and the other position he's seen comfortable in is RCB (Nastasic and Lescott play LCB), a position held down by the best CB in the league who just also happens to be our captain.

Clichy and Kolarov are solid, yes, but I tend to rate Richards above both of them and Richards is also an academy product of ours. :yes

Good shout, I can see Man City selling Clichy and going out for another LB instead though, maybe Coentrao. It's Man City after all. They'll probably hold onto Kolarov as a backup a bit longer.

Juve' were interested in Kolarov all summer and I think we'd have let him go had we had the funds (?100m was the budget :p) for Coentrao, so it could very well happen next summer, and I think Kolarov would be a good fit at Juve' in their 3-5-2.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
He's had trouble with injuries so obviously hasn't improved at all really in the last season. Once he gets a good run of games he'll surpass Rafael easily IMO, Rafael isn't that great anyway IMO.

Auwais

International Coach
He's got a worse footballing brain than Rafael. Physicality alone won't make you a great defender.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Rafael is not great but he is good anyway Domenico Criscito a is good choice for CB

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
West Ham pick up Carlton Cole again:lol.

They seriously need to go hard for a backup to Carroll, it tells you something if they have to constantly start someone as bad as Maiga with Fulham reject Petric on the bench and their own reject Cole in there too.

Probably the worst set of strikers in the top leagues in Europe. Looks like Carroll is flopping harder at West Ham than at Liverpool as he can't even play.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looks like Carroll is flopping harder at West Ham than at Liverpool as he can't even play.

Carroll is currently injured. Once back he'll do good for West ham especially playing under Big Sam.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Carroll is currently injured. Once back he'll do good for West ham especially playing under Big Sam.

That's the problem, we don't know when he's coming back. It's a long-term injury and with all these signings I have a hunch that he's out for most of the season.

In any case his form was never amazing for West Ham when on loan and after being out for so long I'm not sure he can put in the performances to justify the price-tag.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Don't rate Carroll one bit, but his form for West Ham towards the business end of last season was definitely amazing tbh. Or atleast close to it.

War

Chairman of Selectors
He's got a worse footballing brain than Rafael. Physicality alone won't make you a great defender.

I've heard this suggested, more in relation to his "lack of football brain" which makes coaches nervous about playing in at center back - but they all are fine with him at right-back.

Call me naive but i never really noticed that - think he has great versatility & his physically is an added asset.

Users who are viewing this thread