Football Transfers Thread

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It has the Ibra and Eto'o swap written all over it, so I think it can happen if Barca are putting up the sort of money these reports claim they will and Pool can just not get Shaqiri if they feel they have Sanchez sown up, I don't see why that would be a problem really, and it's not like Pool had no interest in Sanchez before selling Suarez became a real option...

For me this screams media fabrication, it's what happens for every big transfer.

Remember how Di Maria was off to Tottenham too?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I'm kinda pleasantly surprised the vultures don't seem to be circling our lot this year. In 20 years I don't think there's ever been as talented a group of young players in scottish football as the core we've got at dundee united right now and with young players from rangers actually abandoning them to go to tannadice shows how seriously the youth development there is taking things.

if we hold it together for a few years we should be able to cash in on them big style, one 10m player would pretty much run the club for 5 years, and maybe even put up an unheard of league challenge.

Just as you said that, Ryan Gauld has been sold to Sporting.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
For me this screams media fabrication, it's what happens for every big transfer.

Remember how Di Maria was off to Tottenham too?

Yes, but I didn't buy that, and it was because Spurs were never linked with di Maria prior to the Bale links to Real started going around, this though is different, Sanchez had been consistently linked with Pool prior to the Suarez links to Barca started to pick up.

And with di Maria, I'm positive at some point Spurs wanted him part of the Bale deal (with lesser money) and he shot it down, which there's less of a chance of happening with Sanchez because if the reports are to be believed, Pool have already had talks with Barca and Sanchez about a possible move to Pool, among other clubs.

Ofc, he could always prefer a move to somewhere else like Juve, but I'm not sure they'd be willing to be pay up, then again, are they really after anyone else? I'm not even sure they need to strengthen anywhere else, maybe a replacement or something if they offload a player, but they'd obviously have money from the sale to work with.

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Liverpool aren't getting Alexis:lol. Think about the last time a swap happened between two big clubs.

Also take into account Liverpool have just picked up Lallana and will probably get Shaqiri too...

I really wouldn't go that far. Alexis is blatantly being forced out of Barca (read Zubi's quotes yesterday), so he's most certainly off anyway. And if we aren't getting him in exchange for Suarez, I really can't see us coming to terms with Barca over the sale of Suarez either, unless of course they pay the whole goddamn 80m release clause.

Shaqiri is a smokescreen imo. Just like Moreno. We'll probably end up with Ryan almighty tweaking Bertrand.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Just as you said that, Ryan Gauld has been sold to Sporting.

I know :(, 60m buy out clause too (I hope if they're looking for that figure down the line we're entitled to a percentage), I suppose in the grand scheme I should be pleased because it might be good for our national team as a lot of young players are blooming in portugal. also, the money assures we don't have to skimp on wages and can keep the youth scheme going.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I read that we could've had James Rodruiguez for ?5m but bought mega-flop Bebe instead for ?7.5m; that's bloody annoying! Then a couple years back we could've had him for ?40m but baulked at that. :facepalm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...e-Javier-Hernandez-instead-Colombia-star.html

?30m for a potential one season wonder in Shaw? Almost the same for Hererra - who isn't exactly a household name...not sure about our transfers so far.

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yup looks like that will happen. He is dogshit though, his long range shooting is great but he's so average in every other way. He is lucky that playing next to great players at Bayern and Germany makes him look good.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, looks that way. Kroos is an amazing player who is highly rated by footballers and pundits alike - I'd love to have him at Man Utd.

Has nothing to do with that.

Since when did pundits know anything about football?

I too would love for Man Utd to have him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread