Friends Provident Trophy 2008

Considering that these days his knees can't with standing a heavy breeze, he's probably injured, being rested or they felt it was too early season for spin to play any part.

Turns out he, along with half the Surrey bowling attack were Ill.

Essex won by 31 runs, Pettini got 119. Kent have had a terrible start to the season.
Terrible doesn't cut it.

After freezing my nuts off watching the CCh match, it made a pleasant surprise to have decent weather for the match. It was very overcast, almost misty, when the toss took place but the sun came out in force.

Kent bowlers seem to have nothing in attack, and they are all the same to boot. Have seen Robbie Joseph practicing a fair bit so I'm hoping he'll start the next match as he's at least quick! Saw Amjad Khan bowl a few practice deliveries but off a short run up still so I guess it'll be a while before we see him back.

Back to the match. Gallian was runout by a superb Denly throw early on but Pettini and Bopara put on nearly 200 for the second wicket. Key decided to hold back the final powerplay and it wasn't until he took it that Kent took any more wickets. Set 317 Kent started way too slowly. Denly and Key seemed to have trouble connecting with the ball. Only Martin van Jaarsveld looked any good and certainly got my man of the match for his 124 off 93. Shame nobody apart from Mahmood gave him any real support or tried to raise the rate a bit. Kent should have played with the order a bit as it was clear it wasn't working as it was. Hoping to see a different lineup for the next match but fearing it'll be the same.

Hang on a minute, Strauss scored runs, in England. In a 1 day game. :eek: Just hope he can convert it to the Tests now, he didn't exactly do well in the first CC game of the season, Michael Vaughan did worse though, a duck and 2 lol. Luckily Shah's been performing as good as always.

Well, Im glad I didn miss work to go to the Lancashire game! :p

Some big scores around the country, Somerset proving they might be hard to beat, and I am glad Yorkshire got beat! :D

And we have Somerset on Wed. Might give college a miss for that day! :p

A shame Graeme Hick is out for 2 weeks with an elbow operation. Simon Jones is also still suffering from his stiff neck. Worcstershire have problems going into the championship game.

Look at Stuart Broad with his Nottingham cap on, what a bumlord. Come on Ireland!

Great win for Lancashire today, knocked Scotland over for 72 and knocked off the runs in 11.2 overs with 27 from England's best allrounder. 3 wickets for Tom Smith, hopefully he can do well this season after he didn't play all that often last year.

Joe, you've changed your tune:p.

Great win for Lancashire today, knocked Scotland over for 72 and knocked off the runs in 11.2 overs with 27 from England's best allrounder. 3 wickets for Tom Smith, hopefully he can do well this season after he didn't play all that often last year.

Joe, you've changed your tune:p.

Hell yeah it was! :cheers

First game for Crofty, fantastic bowling figures. :happy

was very happy to see Smith playing, and doing so well on sunday, really hope he sees more action this year than last!

Looking like Justin Kemp will be in the Kent side for Sunday's match at Hove. Hoping his firepower can kickstart our season, I've watched 5 games so far and have yet to see a win.

Users who are viewing this thread