Friends Provident Trophy 2008

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get in, back of the net and over the rope!!!!!!

6 needed with 1 ball to go, up steps Steve Croft, yet another good young player from lancashire, over the rope! lanc win! who needs the IPL!

I agree with all of that. ;)

Oh, and Hamps' victory over Gloucs was amazing, well played Chris Benham. :clap
I thought they were dead and buried after Carberry got out, but I still wanted to see a thriller. I though, if this games ends clinically, it will be Gloucs', but it went the complete opposite way.

Last edited:
What the hell are Lancs doing against Scotland ? The Old Trafford pitch must be a minefield, or Lancs are having a real off day. Look almost certain to lose.

leicestershire finish on 148-6 off their 23 overs, could be a tight chase.

I expect Lancashire to knock the runs off with ease now they've got a partnership going.

We finally win a game, thanks to an unbeaten century from Adams, Prior hit 79. Can I point out his good form so far? Nearly 500 runs already in all comps (inc. MCC game)

We lost, this is so embarrassing.

Great day at the Oval today. Bagged myself a complimentary ticket due to a chance meeting on the train and enjoyed sunshine for the whole day and a magnificent view from the John Major suite in the OCS stand as the pavilion was closed due to building work. Dodgey start from Kent. Rob Key going for a duck as Kent struggled to score against Pedro Collins. But things changed when van Jaarsveld (23) and Kemp (63) got together. Geraint Jones replaced van jaarsveld and hit a career best 86 for List A Matches (defo my man of the match, took a stunning catch do dismiss Brown too). Jones and Mahmood (joined by McLaren when Jones was dismissed by Collins, who had bowled a terrible over, just shows that sometimes tripe gets wickets) went crazy in the last 10 overs and took us to a decent score of 282 on an unusually unfriendly Oval wicket.

Surrey never came close to challenging, they'd taken Butcher and Jordan out of their lineup and replaced them with bowlers (Butcher was injured I believe) and when their top order failed they had nothing in reserve, well Batty managed 63, but that was about it as kent cruised to a 90 run win. The Kent bowlers even managed to reign in the extras, we've been giving them away like copies of Metro at a London train station until now!

Edit: What a view :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it seems the win against Durham got to our heads.

Yousuf and Freddie out for a combined score of 8.

Horrible.

Who Cares? I would much rather win on Saunday against the Scum! I will be there, sicky off work, come on Lacs!

I saw the Kent game on Sky sports and I must say that Geraint Jones looked the business. I wouldn't write him off from returning to the England side just yet. Mind you, Prior and Ambrose in particular have also started reasonably well, so the competition is certainly there, which is great for England.

Well, it seems the win against Durham got to our heads.

Yousuf and Freddie out for a combined score of 8.

Horrible.

Who Cares? I would much rather win on Saunday against the Scum! I will be there, sicky off work, come on Lacs!

we will win on sunday!!!!! cant lose to a 2nd class county like them :p

Yo lads, anybody have a Yorkshire Carnegie Logo, would really appreciate it if you just sent me a pm with it or something

Another big 100 for Ackerman :D The lads on fire. Ackermans 139 the only score of any note. Don't mind kolapks like him who genuinely raise the quality of the side, it's players like Du Toit who's done hardly anything and could be replaced by a young English player that annoy me.

and we get another win, that puts us top with a really big game against Notts tomorrow, although there's still a long way to go in the group and we've got to lose a game at some point. Anyway more importantly, Ackerman :D Who can beat us with him in the side!

Last edited:
Simon Jones picks up 5-32 for Worcs to claim his first five wicket haul in one day cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread