Friends Provident Trophy 2008

Don't know the draw, but QF's are played on Wednesday 4th June.

Booo have a cricket match on Wednesdays. Well thats if the captain can be bothered to ring us up anywya. Just seen the draw on sky sports news.

As Kev says all on the 4th of June
Kent V Somerset
Durham V Notts
Gloucestershire V Yorkshire
Leicestershire V Essex

Pleased that the weather didn't cause us too many problems today. Kent are going to be a bit tricky in the quarters though, especially away from home.

I'm gonna have to see if its possible to shift a days holiday to watch the match, would like to see us get some payback for Tunbridge Wells.

Didn't manage to get tomorrow off :(

But by the looks of it, I'd have only been standing at the pavilion bar all day anyway.

1113_2.jpg

Looks like there's not going to be a lot for the Sky camera's to show tomorrow.

Have to say I was pretty sceptical at the new 'regional' format this season, but come Bank Holiday Monday I'll have been at every match Kent have played in the group stage. Wouldn't have been able to do that under the old system and what cracking matches they have been.

Match 1: Kent v Essex at Canterbury. Essex pretty much owned this match but Martin van Jaarsveld went on a one man crusade to take us to respectability.

Match 2: Middlesex v Kent at Lord's. Bad weather forecast so low turnout spectator wise. They missed a doosie, Kent got so close but lost on the final ball, needed Simon Cook to hit a six off his first and only ball, he didn't quite time it.

Match 3: Sussex v Kent at Hove. Kent win with 2 balls remaining in the rain - didn't know throughout the entire match who was gonna win this one.

Match 4: Surrey v Kent at the Oval. Kent go nuts towards the end of their innings and outclass Surrey in their own backyard - something they don't do that often.

Match 5: Kent v Sussex at Canterbury. 9 wicket win by Kent. Van Jaarsveld scores another century.

Match 6: Essex v Kent at Chelmsford (floodlight). Kent set a total of 230 odd. Essex fans are looking pretty happy in the interval. Then comes probably the best bowling spell from Arafat and Mahmood you are ever likely to see. 5 lbw's given in their opening spells and Essex lose big style.

Match 7: Kent v Surrey at Canterbury. Kent set a mahoosive 337-3. Centuries from van Jaarsveld and Stevens. Despite this Surrey look in total control in their innings. Butcher scores 139 and everything looks done and dusted, but with Butchers dismissal Surrey go from 293-3 to 320 all out. Again absolutely amazing spells from Arafat and Mahmood, this time at the end of the innings.

Match 8: Kent v Middlesex at Tunbridge Wells????? Kent don't do that well on their outground and the group is far from settled (unless you are a Sussex or Surrey fan of course!)

Who says 50 over cricket is boring?

That makes me so incredibly jealous :mad Do you think I could make the journey from Birmingham Uni? :p

Did you not see the picture I posted yesterday?

As far as I know it rained again in Canterbury and although I wouldn't take this as confirmation but Cricinfo is saying "No Play Wednesday due to rain" on its scorecard service already.

So does the BBC website.

Kev added 13 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Yep, game is off. Will hopefully be played tomorrow.

Did you not see the picture I posted yesterday?

As far as I know it rained again in Canterbury and although I wouldn't take this as confirmation but Cricinfo is saying "No Play Wednesday due to rain" on its scorecard service already.

So does the BBC website.

Kev added 13 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Yep, game is off. Will hopefully be played tomorrow.

Nope, some reason it was just a box with a red X. I wonder who Sky will be showing now?

If they had any sense they wouldn't have sent a team down to Canterbury at all. Then again, they may just stay there for an extra day and cover it tomorrow.

Probably chose it as a venue because they are showing the first T20 match there as Kent are defending champions, this way they only need to set the stuff up once.

What are they going to be showing on Sky then ? I fancy watching some cricket today, will they just end up showing an old game ?

What are they going to be showing on Sky then ? I fancy watching some cricket today, will they just end up showing an old game ?

They are not showing any cricket :eek:

Been watching it and they have just gone off air! :eek:

Now what should I do to pass the time?

Wheres them dirty mags... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread