Story FTP: Killers Cricket Clubs Journey to success! - Post if you're followin!

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I decided to do this over Battrick because it's more fun and enjoyable, and I am losing interest in Battrick, so the less time I spend on it, will hopefully bring back my enjoyment more.

fslogo.jpg

Killers Cricket Club - The journey begins here

Jake McDonald - "It's time to start taking this managing business even more serious"

Jake McDonald is the manager of Killers Cricket Club. He took over from a club in turmoil on 12 August 2009 and since has had an almost perfect record. After moving to Pakistan to manage the Killers, he started his campaign with a loss, his youth team going down by 8 wickets, but has since dominated every opposition except one that has stood in his way. He has won 16 of 18 matches across all competitions, only losing to the once top team, who he has now passed, and the top youth team, only losing by 24 runs in a close match.

Today, he held a press conference, and said he want to really push on and go forward with the club. He said after a great start, he wanted to do as much as he can to keep the club winning as much as possible. After last nights victory 327 against KCC, he said it was important to a fluke, against the second placed team, who the record stands 1-1 after 2 games, on Friday.

Upcoming matches:
15th Sep - Twenty20 - karachifc v Killers Cricket Club
16th Sep - Youths - KCC v Killers Cricket Club
18th Sep - One Day - Killers Cricket Club v EmiratesDubai

Player of the week:
Adam Reynolds
23 years old
Right arm finger spinner
Left hand batsman
One Day: 127 runs @ 42.33 - 2 50s HS 65
Twenty20: 6 runs @ 6
1 wicket @ 36

A bright young prospect for the Killers, Adam has been training regularly in the nets, and is trying to become the Killers main allrounder. He has impressed so far in his 3 One Dayers so far, but hasn't shown his potential in Twenty20. He is a very talented old ball bowler, he should be getting some opportunities to show his skill in the future. Being only young, he should improve his skill considerably.

Last edited:
karachifc v Killers Cricket Club - Twenty20 - Preview

fslogo.jpg

McDonald has named his team today for the Twenty20 match against karachifc on Tuesday, naming some young players a go, and normal guys who sit on the bench.

The team:
Michael Halleborne
Darren Long *
Stuart Young
Adam Reynolds
George Moseby +
Henry Brown
Kevin Mansfield
Walter Fekete
Colin Oldroyd
Greame Muir
Clem Stokes

Henry Brown makes his seniors debut, barely 16 the young lad has impressed in the nets and earned a shot. A team of fairly new faces, hoping to prove their worth, and gain their managers respect, will be looking to come out and try their absolute hardest to impress.

When the press asked McDonald why his side was so weak, he replied "I don't really think it's a weak side. Obviously it's not our full strength team, but the opposition haven't been doing too well, placed second last on the table with only 2 wins from 10 games, and frankly, with our first team it would be a walkover. We want to give them a chance, plus it also rests our best players, who have some important games coming up. After all, if we place first, we get to promote, then get to face some competition hopefully up to our high standard. And no, I'm not being cocky, but it's plain facts and there for everyone to see, that we dominate all oppositon."

Last edited:
Killers and Demons arrange series

fslogo.jpg

Killers Cricket Club and NSWdemons have agreed to play a 4 match series for the Collard - McDonald trophy. In the case of a 2-2 draw after 4 matches, there will be a playoff match at the home ground of NSWdemons.

After much deliberation, the two came to an agreement this afternoon at about 4pm-4:30pm, by flipping a coin and arguing constantly, swearing, bickering and telling each other to "fight me". At least in the end they came to an agreement without actually trading physical blows.

Killers Cricket Club manager Jake McDonald said that the series would be eagerly anticipated. When asked what the strength of his team would be heading into this, he replied "Our full strength team is definitely going into this. It's high on our list of priorities, and as long as the players are fit and raring to go, they will be playing."

When NSWdemons manager Matt Collard was asked if his best team would be playing, he simply replied "Yes". When asked if this was high on his list of priorities, he answered "Why are you interviewing me?" We quickly got the point and left.

The draw​
27th September - First OD at Killers Cricket Club CG
4th October - Second OD at NSWdemons CG
11th October - Third OD at Killers Cricket Club CG
18th - Fourth OD at NSWdemons CG
25th October - Playoff match if required at NSWdemons CG

Last edited:
Another FTP story. Great. I would love to see how you make this interesting. But still you haven't done anything interesting. I want to say make this something interesting. People should be impressed from your 1st post.

After all Best of Luck... (See Hedger's FTP Story, you will get more info.)

Youth training

Today the players from the youth teams went to the academy for their weekly training session. Today, the improvements were as follows.

Ross Dummett
Technique atrocious ---> dreadful

Phillip Smith
Batting poor ---> ordinary

Mahir Wazir
Endurance poor ---> ordinary

Youth recruitment

The talent finders went on the search for a young seam bowler, but all they could find is young keeper batsman Fakhir Mansoor. He said on arrival at the club "From my humble beginnings in UAE I've learnt a lot about cricket and working hard to reap the rewards, and my efforts have been rewarded here. It's perfect evidence that hard work is worth it. Now that I'm here, it's no reason to slack around, it's even more motivation to work harder than ever. I've spoken with Jake on the phone, and he wants me to be practicing every week as a batsman. Dropping the keeping will be hard, but if I want to make it big and make the big bucks, it's what I need to do, seeing as he already has an abundance of keepers."

Team Killers Cricket Club Talents Natural Leader
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast medium
Wage $815 Rating 20,636
Nationality UAE UAE Age 16
Form reasonable Fatigue energetic
Experience atrocious Captaincy poor
Endurance ordinary Training Keeping
Batting poor Bowling atrocious
Technique average Power ordinary
Keeping poor Fielding average

Last edited:
The talent finders went on the search for a young seam bowler, but all they could find is young keeper batsman Fakhir Mansoor. He said on arrival at the club "From my humble beginnings in UAE I've learnt a lot about cricket and working hard to reap the rewards, and my efforts have been rewarded here. It's perfect evidence that hard work is worth it. Now that I'm here, it's no reason to slack around, it's even more motivation to work harder than ever. I've spoken with Jake on the phone, and he wants me to be practicing every week as a keeper-batsman."

You will waste you time behind him if you train him as WK-BAT. :facepalmHe is 16yo and can train much better way. Just train him as Batsman and he will be better when he will be 18-19. He has good fielding ability.

This is my suggestion and it is from my experience through 1st season in FTP. :spy

You will waste you time behind him if you train him as WK-BAT. :facepalmHe is 16yo and can train much better way. Just train him as Batsman and he will be better when he will be 18-19. He has good fielding ability.

This is my suggestion and it is from my experience through 1st season in FTP. :spy

Thanks for the advice, edited the post and his training.

You Welcome... Waiting for some updates.... :banana2:banana2:banana2

karachifc v Killers Cricket Club - Twenty20 - Review

fslogo.jpg

Killers Cricket Club captain Darren Long lost the toss after calling heads, and was put in to bat on a flat pitch with a sunny outfield. What was James Baker thinking?

The teams
karachifc

Brendon Bradbury
Matthew Davis
Harry Lyons
Michael Steele
Clarence Williams
Emmett Heywood
James Baker
Norman Heading
Peter Moores
Cameron Jarvis
Dean Brohaska

Killers Cricket Club

Michael Hallebone
Darren Long
Stuart Young
Adam Reynolds
George Mosbey
Henry Brown
Kevin Mansfield
Walter Fekete
Colin Oldroyd
Graeme Muir
Clem Stokes

Only 3,985 people turned up for this match, Killers Cricket Club manager Jake McDonald's comments during the week wouldn't have helped this cause. Captain Long's 13 ball knock didn't last long, going for 23 only 3.4 overs in. Hallebone and Young added 62 for the second wicket before Hallebone went for 41 off 31 balls. Reynolds was dismissed next over for 6, then the over after Young went for 42. At 4/117 after 12.1, things weren't looking the best with much batting to come after these two. No more batting was needed, as Moseby pounded 47 off 22 and Brown pummeled 56 off 27, both striking over 200 and guiding Killers Cricket Club to 4/217 after their allotted 20 overs.

In reply, karachifc got off to a poor start when they lost Davis for only 3 reducing them to 1/17. Bradbury and Lyons put on 59 in their partnership before Bradbury fell for 44. Lyons soon followed for 30, and the score was 3-99. Williams went for 30, then Steele and Heywood put on 65 before Steele fell for 60 off 33, but the game was all but over, on the second last ball, with the score on 195.

karachifc fell 21 runs short in a great chase, not quite overcoming the Killers massive total.

Man of the match
Henry Brown (3 points), George Mosbey (2), Michael Steele (1)

killersbatting.jpg

killersbowling.jpg

Coaches comments
"Definitely not a good enough effort. With the ball, I was astounded with how poor we performed. We had no intensity, and they deserved to win if we hadn't batted so well. I was impressed with Georgy and particularly Henry's innings, a 16 year old stepping into the senior side like that, playing way above his age, it was fantastic to see him finish the innings so well. We have so much to improve on, luckily that wasn't our best team, I would have cut them all from the team if it was. As it stands, it wasn't our best side, and we have to take what we get."

Sorry for a crap update again, I must be off my chops. I'm not happy with the standard of writing, but I've gotta update, sorry guys.

Last edited:
lol no one likes you so they dont turn up to your games.

Good bot bashing with the bat but massive fail with the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread