Gameplay Videos

I repeat, how would a video of reverse swinging delivery look any different to a video of a conventionally swinging delivery?

Appeal turned down, fielder can't believe it

Was playing a game yesterday, my England Rebel XI 1982 vs South Africa Colts 1982 - a re-enactment of the first game on the 1982 rebel tour.

I will upload a longer clip in due course, but I wanted to upload this short clip as I noticed something I hadn't seen before and I thought it was a truly amazing detail.

When it cuts to the Umpire to give the decision, watch the fielder in the background!

Not sure how well it comes over via youtube, but it's played with the "Retro" Filter on.

--------

As I know some people can't watch youtube, i put it on Vimeo too

https://vimeo.com/99013112

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebel Tour re-enacted

In 1982, a 'rebel' England team, playing as "South African Breweries England XI" made a tour of apartheid South Africa. This contravened the sporting ban in place at the time.

The England squad contained the then World Record Test Run scorer, Geoff Boycott and other stars such as Graham Gooch, Derek Underwood and Alan Knott.

I have recreated the entire tour, which I am playing currently. If the tour schedule at the beginning of the video looks impossibly intense, rest assured this is the exact schedule - each game in the tour matches its real life counterpart in terms of format, date of play, rest between games etc.

This video is the first ten overs of the first warm-up game against the South Africa Colts.

The South Africa Colts were relatively young players who but for the isolation may have harboured hopes of Springbok honours. Dave Richardson would go on to play for the post-isolation Proteas many times, and Adrian Kuiper played one test and several ODIs. Neal Radford ultimately played 3 tests and 6 ODIs for England. Of the rest of the team, only Lawrence Seeff would play for the full Springbok side, in later Rebel Tours. Due to their unofficial status, he has no "real" international record although the SACU at the time did award full Springbok caps for the games.

For taking part in this "Rebel" tour, each of the England players received a 3 year ban from international cricket - for the likes of Boycott, Amiss, Knott and Underwood this effectively ended their international careers.

This is Patch 1, X-box 360 gameplay, with the Retro filter applied.

Brilliant there mate. I'm waiting for patch 2, after which I want to do:

2005 Ashes
Bodyline
Invincibles, MAYBE playing as England
World Series Cricket
1999 World Cup

Yeah this is the sort of stuff I've been wanting to do for ages. For me it's the Rebel Tours, Bodyline, WSC, then maybe SA 1970 vs WI 1980 or stuff like that!

Have you played with the 30s teams and Sepia filters? It's wonderful.

Impressive stuff. Particularly like the ability to use filters. It would be even better if there was a Vintage Grounds DLC...or perhaps a stadium editor that could really help replicate the atmosphere of some of these matches, without so many wind turbines in the background.

In 1982, a 'rebel' England team, playing as "South African Breweries England XI" made a tour of apartheid South Africa. This contravened the sporting ban in place at the time.

The England squad contained the then World Record Test Run scorer, Geoff Boycott and other stars such as Graham Gooch, Derek Underwood and Alan Knott.

I have recreated the entire tour, which I am playing currently. If the tour schedule at the beginning of the video looks impossibly intense, rest assured this is the exact schedule - each game in the tour matches its real life counterpart in terms of format, date of play, rest between games etc.

This video is the first ten overs of the first warm-up game against the South Africa Colts.

The South Africa Colts were relatively young players who but for the isolation may have harboured hopes of Springbok honours. Dave Richardson would go on to play for the post-isolation Proteas many times, and Adrian Kuiper played one test and several ODIs. Neal Radford ultimately played 3 tests and 6 ODIs for England. Of the rest of the team, only Lawrence Seeff would play for the full Springbok side, in later Rebel Tours. Due to their unofficial status, he has no "real" international record although the SACU at the time did award full Springbok caps for the games.

For taking part in this "Rebel" tour, each of the England players received a 3 year ban from international cricket - for the likes of Boycott, Amiss, Knott and Underwood this effectively ended their international careers.

Best video of the game I've seen so far, and good to hear a wide variety of batting sounds as most of the videos I've seen so far seemed very limited on that front. Am looking forwards to the PC version!

This is Patch 1, X-box 360 gameplay, with the Retro filter

What audio settings are you using? My crowd noise seems a lot quieter even with crowd noise at max and commentary off.

Please marry me.

What audio settings are you using? My crowd noise seems a lot quieter even with crowd noise at max and commentary off.

other than turning commentary off i don't recall doing anything. sorry :)

----------

Please marry me.

well i'm already married, but should you by lucky hapt be a Victoria's Secret model, feel free to send me pics.

Career video

Hey guys, just started doing a new career mode and uploaded a bit of footage from the first game, unsure on whether to continue with it or not but here it is: let me know what you think if you can would be appreciated:

Users who are viewing this thread