Gameplay Videos

How do you get the Retro/Sepia etc. filters? Is it only on certain game modes?

1) Excellent fine leg glance -

2) Batsman needs medical attention. LOL

3) Ouch

4) Good on drive

5) Good caught at slip

6) Great catch

7) Good reflex catch

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he gloved this to slip;

From the commentary and replay though, looks like it may have hit his forearm.

Hi @BigAntStudios

You probably saw my post yesterday regarding the AI field-setting system being not fit for purpose/broken.

I've made this video to give an idea of what I am talking about. Note in particular that a slip is removed in the 3rd over, and then alternated between deep cover/deep square leg depending on where I played the last shot. Note also how I can manipulate the field by playing defensive shots - they will bring in the silly mid-off/on and leave gaps elsewhere.

For everyone else, it's just a chance to see Strauss/Trescothick/Vaughan to smash McGrath/Gillespie/Lee/Warne around one more time.

2005 Ashes - Giving the Aussies another working over

Playing a casual test with the 2005 Ashes sides (I'm England, natch.)

Bowled a great over with Hoggard to Langer...

this is a screenshot of the "hawkeye" at the end of the over showing the bowling. talk about probing that off stump!

attachment.php

and here is the whole over:

bit later, after giving up EVER getting an edge (cough cough @Ross) I got a bit creative with my field setting and decided to get Grievous Bodily Harmison to give them a bit of chin music... they didn't like it up em.

Attachments

• hoggard.jpg
    hoggard.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 193
this is gonna be processing on youtube for at least another hour, but when it's done it will be the entire innings i batted as 2005 Eng vs 2005 Aus, Patch 2 xbox, Pro level.

I think it gives the lie to the idea that it's impossible to hit the ball along the ground.

Also, Trescothick gets a double hundred.

I think it gives the lie to the idea that it's impossible to hit the ball along the ground.

Nice batting there :thumbs..the way you pace the innings is very good.

The point i was making was not that the drives dont go along the ground but before they go along the ground they never bounce of the pitch. In your vid too i couldn't find an instance were the ball has actually bounced of the pitch for the normal drives without using triggers.

Nice batting there :thumbs..the way you pace the innings is very good.

The point i was making was not that the drives dont go along the ground but before they go along the ground they never bounce of the pitch. In your vid too i couldn't find an instance were the ball has actually bounced of the pitch for the normal drives without using triggers.

well, there must be some because (not sure if they're in that video) but i have seen plenty of "bump" balls...

did you watch the whole 2 hours? hero!

around 70 mins i think and skipped a bit... if you can point me rough times of bump balls would be cool

around 70 mins i think and skipped a bit... if you can point me rough times of bump balls would be cool

they may not be in that video, but i have seen many many times where the bowler has "caught" it, but i'm not out, so it was obviously a bump ball.

Few videos for all of you to enjoy. I really like bowling in this game. If @BigAntStudios could get the amount of edges and AI's shot selection right, this would be so wonderful!!

In my game (Casual Test, Pro) between the 2005 Ashes sides, I batted first and 459. I have the Aussies 202/5 but have bowled 52 overs without an edge :(

did get a caught behind, but as you can see it's not an edge.

Users who are viewing this thread