General Cricket Discussion

He is a tribute to odd even formula. odd number of runs, balls, sixes, fours.Even the number of minutes he stayed on the crease is odd (395) on an odd day. This is the Khauf of Kejriwal.

CX9bABaWQAEzofg.jpg

1009* is just the half of it. Look at the final score ... Won by an innings and 1382 runs :O !!

I mean who bowls out a side for 31, and then smashes 1465 runs against them, and then for good measure dismisses them again for 52.

Dhanawade will go down in record books, but all 11 players of Arya Gurukul are surely done with cricket for good, after this ordeal :D

I mean but seriously, 31 and 52 all out and concede 1465, has someone checked if Arya Gurkul is a school for 'special' kids.

Last edited:
Well that's uncalled for. I'm sure 'special' people can be good at cricket. Maybe the school only pushes education and doesn't promote sport? Why must you assume mental health if a team gets destroyed like that?

Well that's uncalled for. I'm sure 'special' people can be good at cricket. Maybe the school only pushes education and doesn't promote sport? Why must you assume mental health if a team gets destroyed like that?

I have no issues with 'special' ppl ... however its more a dig a the school as its as if their players were actually handicapped in some way, for the result to have been what it was. At the very least the only way this result would make sense if the losing side's players were playing with both their feet tied together the whole game, or something like that.

At the very least the only way this result would make sense if the losing side's players were playing with both their feet tied together the whole game, or something like that.

more like that was their first time playing with cricket ball, used to happen a lot during my time in school, often we would come across schools were kids would have played only using tennis ball no kits freeform cricket and would suddenly be thrown to play with leather etc just cause their school needs to tick a box for the list of sports they have participated, they would have trouble pitching the ball up and all sorts of issues, and get annihilated!

But it still takes nothing away from pranav just whatever the opposition getting 1000 at this age requires something very special especially by temperament!

According to dnaindia, the Arya Gurukul’s U-16 team were unable to play as they had to sit for their 10th standard exams, which meant that the team had to field a lineup consisting of U-14 players, out of which most were playing a competitive match for the very first time. The team, formed at short notice, was grossly underprepared for the game as well.
^Dunno how much is true in this.
Read about it somewhere.

Dhanawade’s achievement is one for the history books and something that can be cherished by him, his family and his team. But it is important to spare a thought for the opposition, who took to the field despite their main team being unavailable and took all that punishment despite clearly being technically inferior. One can only hope that such a cruel beating does not impact the 12 and 13-year old kids too seriously and that they can continue to represent their school with pride and enjoy playing the game we all love so much.

Last edited:
ne can only hope that such a cruel beating does not impact the 12 and 13-year old kids too seriously and that they can continue to represent their school with pride and enjoy playing the game we all love so much.

I dont think they would care much, they were even kind of happy with all the attention from the looks of the interviews they are doing!

I dont think they would care much, they were even kind of happy with all the attention from the looks of the interviews they are doing!
Haha. Looks like they were happy to be on tv and didn't care about the match.

Users who are viewing this thread