General Cricket Discussion

I think it'd probably follow a similar format to either the basketball or the football.

As for qualification: I think it'd be like basketball where the teams that do the best at the World Cup get regional spots, then there is a qualifier. So, with a hypothetical field of 12 teams, 8 of which qualify via regions (2 Asia, 2 Australasia, 1 everywhere else), a hypothetical 2022 Olympics would have had: :aus: :nzf: :pak: :eng: :ind: :saf: :wi: and, uhhhhh, I guess :arg: automatically make it. WI would be a bit of an issue, tbh, but that could be figured out.
Then a four team qualifying tournament - I suspect :ban: :sri: :afg: would make, and then maybe :irl: :zim: :sco: :ned: :nam: etc

With :wi: You could have it that IF they qualify, there could be a qualifying tournament between the WI nations to take that spot.

As for qualification: I think it'd be like basketball where the teams that do the best at the World Cup get regional spots, then there is a qualifier.
I see this happening after 2032. The reason I say so being gat the ICC needs to host the WT20 prior to the Olympics. Remember,the WT20 and Olympics will occur in the same year.
:wi: and, uhhhhh, I guess :arg: automatically make it. WI would be a bit of an issue, tbh, but that could be figured out.

With :wi: You could have it that IF they qualify, there could be a qualifying tournament between the WI nations to take that spot.
WI cannot play as WI in the Olympics. The IOC will have them split up into individual nations and field teams. Now, should the pathway for qualification open up directly via a World Cup, then WICB will have to conduct a tournament among themselves to figure out who will participate.

That was some innings by Henrich! Would have loved to see him get 200 as this was a truly a 200 inning. He is such a great limited overs player!

That was some innings by Henrich! Would have loved to see him get 200 as this was a truly a 200 inning. He is such a great limited overs player!

He’s truly blossomed as a white ball cricketer. Think you could make an argument for him being in the top ten batters worldwide if he has a good WC.

It’s also pretty weird to see a South African side that’s a lot more reliant on their batting than their bowling.

Shades of 1996! Would have loved them to play in the beige. In fact, liked their beige and black- they've never worn it in the World Cups though- the 1992, 96 and 99 saw them in beige, whereas the black was a prominent one thereafter.

1695011299457.png

Shades of 1996! Would have loved them to play in the beige. In fact, liked their beige and black- they've never worn it in the World Cups though- the 1992, 96 and 99 saw them in beige, whereas the black was a prominent one thereafter.

View attachment 283596
Lockie de Ferguson's hair looking great

Users who are viewing this thread