General Cricket Discussion

Mohammed Yousuf has retired from all cricket.

I am pretty sure he is in Pakistan team for South Africa series. Is he not test captain and Misbah ODI. Pakistan captains change faster than Ijaz Butt's underwear

It's getting out of hand now though, everyone is just sick of it. Like with Shoaib Malik getting selected again, that guy should be nowhere near an international cricket team...

He has proformed well at domestic level. So no harm in giving him another go. Maybe he is lucky this time. Bet it is dead embarrasing for him, that Sania Mirza is more respected and better than him. LOL

This is what makes Pakistan the most interesting team in the world. The next thing you know Inzamam and Shoaib Akhtar decide to make a return to cricket together.:lol

WOuldn't mind seeing Inzi. AT some strenght in Pakistan line up. They crumbled to 22 against Zimbabve.

Trust Afridi to be the one. Can't believe his brother gave a report against him

Articles from a reputed source such as Page 2 being made up? Please.

I know its "out there" but I really doubt the credentials of said article, call me a loon if you wish but I'm not convinced in the veracity of its claims.

Bet it is dead embarrasing for him, that Sania Mirza is more respected and better than him. LOL

Why? Nothing better than a bit of casual sexism I suppose. Women, pah, how dare they be successful :facepalm

(I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your joke was subtler, and was actually laughing at the fact that they are one of the least successful "sporting celebrity couples" around at the moment, and that neither of them are actually any good)

Kumar Sangakkara
Problems: Doesn't keeps anymore in tests
Attributes: Great batsman, inspirational leader, perfect example of controlled aggression

Nasser Hussain: 'As captain you need people to want to play for you' | Specials | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Great interview with Nasser Hussain here. Makes important point about South Africa being a real danger to England,, about how if Pakistan had their full team in play without all the back room politics, they could also be a dangerous threat. See, both teams with very good bowling attacks, that is what is needed to be a successful team for an extended time period.
He also makes some interesting points about his captaincy and his relationship with Fletcher, now the current coach of India.

Users who are viewing this thread