General Cricket Discussion

The cat and mouse game starts over again.

I do like how hotspot was all good, until a couple of Indian batsman were given correctly (incorrectly depending on which side of the coin) out. Yet Hawk-eye, with a higher percentage of accuracy than HotSpot, was deemed by the Indian board to be lacking.

Sorry, but I hate the BCCI, such a corrupt bunch of twits.

What do you guys think about the 4 inning ODI format that seems to be making waves? Looks like something that needs to be tried. 20-39 overs are just so slow in ODI cricket.

Making waves where? It was laughed at in Australia wasn't it?

Yes and no. The administrators didn't think it was stupid enough to try :yes. The players didn't really see the need for it though and just saw it as a gimmick - same for the fans.

As I see it, it might be seen as a better idea in Asia where the toss can often have a huge effect. In Australia it generally doesn't matter, so the fairness aspect of split innings is lost.

Yes and no. The administrators didn't think it was stupid enough to try :yes. The players didn't really see the need for it though and just saw it as a gimmick - same for the fans.

As I see it, it might be seen as a better idea in Asia where the toss can often have a huge effect. In Australia it generally doesn't matter, so the fairness aspect of split innings is lost.

What are you talking about? Have you see most ODI wickets in Asia? Toss is as important as good bowling. The wicket is as flat as it gets. :lol

Obviously he's talking about things like dew.

The toss should really be less important than good bowling.

On the future of ODI's. I'd like to see the 40over comp that we get in England tried at international level. I really like the format.

Users who are viewing this thread