General Cricket Discussion

When I read the article I was thinking of some of the women bowlers that could make it, it'll be a real struggle for the batters to make it against the pace being flung around. Bowling though I could definitely see some of the girls holding their own, I've seen a couple in the 130s which is right up there with a number of bowlers.

home come, if the reason that the west indies are rubbish at cricket now is that "they're all in to basketball and football." why are they also rubbish at these sports too?

Last edited:
I took it to mean that West Indian kids play those sports a lot more SOCIALLY than they used to ie. instead of joining a cricket club they are happy getting their activity kicking a ball or shooting some hoops. Or stuck inside playing video games as my grandmother would say...

It doesn't help that they aren't a very big region either...Jamaica would only have a couple of million people. Australia struggles to get really good at basketball and soccer and they have 10 times as many to choose from.

Might as well chuck the link up here to my blog. I'm planning to update it with regular articles, including those I post to the PC View. Please give it a read and feel free spam it on to your friends, family, enemies, pets, acquaintances and strangers. :p

I'd have expected Pakistan to reach around 270 odd. This sort of batting won't get them far in the Champions Trophy. Barring Misbah & Farhat, none seemed to go on and hang in for a big score.

It's painful watching Freddie Flintoff trying to explain cricket to Jennifer Lopez and Graham Norton.

Turns out there has been match fixing in the BPL, and Ashraful, Khaled Mahmud (!), Khaled Mashud (!) and Mohammad Rafique (!)

That is terrible to hear! :(
The last three are Bangla legends, while Ashraful is one of the best Bangla batsman!! :facepalm
I'd like to know about the build-up, and from it was heard? The Indian bookies involved in IPL as well?

Users who are viewing this thread