General Cricket Discussion

A quick question (Run Outs)

Does anyone know where i can find information on who has the most runouts in test/ODI cricket?? That is, executing the most run outs. I'm sure it is Ricky Ponting but I would just like to find a list.

Thanks

I have a question too . Is a double hundred counted as two separate hundreds ?

Does anyone know where i can find information on who has the most runouts in test/ODI cricket?? That is, executing the most run outs. I'm sure it is Ricky Ponting but I would just like to find a list.

Thanks

The only article I've ever found on this is here, at the bottom of the page:
Statistics - Run outs in ODIs | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

That list only covers 6 years of ODI history. I think that was the earliest that credit was given to a fielder, universally that is. Some earlier scorecards had a fielder credited for a run out, but it wasn't consistently applied.

If cricket is re-introduced into the Olympic games it would hamper the international schedule causing a net loss overall this is why may never see cricket in the Olympics again, once more I am sure the BCCI is preventing same!

Thanks

I tell you, if you want any type of statistics like that, surf the ESPNCricinfo's Statsguru. It's the best online tool for me to surf out the stats. At first it will be difficult for you to configure it out, but I'm sure it's the best if you want to find out any type of data and records.

Just realised, if you take Graeme Smith and add some dopey glasses, you get Bono...

images
Bono4.jpg

Interesting little tidbit in the Steve Waugh article that's up on Cricinfo:
Australia Cricket News: 'England not as good as they think' - Steve Waugh | ESPN Cricinfo

"I think it's about time where we could have one female player per Big Bash side," Waugh said. "Going forward, I can't see why the girls can't have representation in the Big Bash. It's a bit out there, that thought, but I think it might be time."

In Australia we are very familiar with the Andrew Johns debacle, where Simon Katich didn't trust him to face Shaun Tait in the last over of a game. (Andrew Johns being one of the greatest rugby league players ever, not a cricketer - for those unaware). I wonder though how the women would go instead?

I would think that the female top order batsmen would be as competent as some of the male tail enders in skill level, probably better. They just wouldn't be used to facing the extra pace of the male bowlers. Maybe they would just have to prove themselves in the nets vs a quick bowler before they were given the all clear to play. Otherwise I don't see the problem, the girls are pretty skillful.

The only downside is that it would be seen as a gimmick by the fans. Maybe that's what the Big Bash is all about though...Warney was a walking gimmick this year :p

Interesting little tidbit in the Steve Waugh article that's up on Cricinfo:
Australia Cricket News: 'England not as good as they think' - Steve Waugh | ESPN Cricinfo

In Australia we are very familiar with the Andrew Johns debacle, where Simon Katich didn't trust him to face Shaun Tait in the last over of a game. (Andrew Johns being one of the greatest rugby league players ever, not a cricketer - for those unaware). I wonder though how the women would go instead?

I would think that the female top order batsmen would be as competent as some of the male tail enders in skill level, probably better. They just wouldn't be used to facing the extra pace of the male bowlers. Maybe they would just have to prove themselves in the nets vs a quick bowler before they were given the all clear to play. Otherwise I don't see the problem, the girls are pretty skillful.

The only downside is that it would be seen as a gimmick by the fans. Maybe that's what the Big Bash is all about though...Warney was a walking gimmick this year :p

I can see the likes of Ellyse Perry, Lisa Sthalekar being very good as T20 bowlers.

If they were around 1st grade quality, it wouldn't be much of an issue; there are a lot of players in BBL who dwell on the fringes of first class cricket. The problem is finding females willing to play against men and get selected that way.

Users who are viewing this thread