General Cricket Discussion

So I thought I might see what would the Cricket World Cup qualifers was much like football. So I start with 1979

ACA (2)
West Indies (Q)
Canada
Bermuda
Argentina
United States

ACC (2)
India (Q)
Pakistan (Q)
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Israel

EAP (2)
Australia (Q)
New Zealand (Q)
Papua New Guinea
Singapore
Fiji
Malaysia

ECC/ACA (1+1)
England (Host) (Q)
Denmark (Q)
Wales
Netherlands
East Africa

I feel like so many of the teams heading in the world cup have been hindered by injuries or bans of key players.

This is what Martin Crowe has to say about his health in one of his cricinfo articles.

Death is something I have contemplated lately, only because the medical experts say it's nearly time. Over the last few months my cancer turned from being in sleepy remission to transforming into a new monster, much like a bull in a china tea shop.

No longer was "it" a friend, as I had first described follicular lymphoma to be, in 2012. It had then brought me a crucial message that I badly needed, just as a friend would deliver when needed most. I needed to get rid of the egoist in me, and to get real.

So to hear it had transformed into a rare blood disease called double-hit lymphoma, turbocharged to apparently give me very little time left (only 5% of patients live up to 12 months), was a shock out of the blue, the pink, the red and the black. Fancy having a deadly cancer with a cricket connotation! I never got out hit ball twice and I don't plan to start.

Sad to think he can't have very long left. I hope he comes through. His cricket articles are just as good as his batting was, and it'd be a real shame for everyone if his life ends prematurely..

Lara's innings today. His batting never gets old. Just wow!

Highlights of Brian Lara's fifty | cricket.com.au

56 against MCC, 23 vs a decent ROTW side, 47 more against a somewhat aged World XI and now this. Not bad for 45-year old!

Even for a batting genius, it's not easy for someone of his age to simply turn up after 4 cricket-less years and put up scores like that. Shows he might still be good enough to play in a domestic T20, something he should really consider doing!

He really deserves one last cricketing hurrah, something which he never actually got after his international retirement. It'd be great for the fans and would definitely give any tournament he plays in a considerable boost.

56 against MCC, 23 vs a decent ROTW side, 47 more against a somewhat aged World XI and now this. Not bad for 45-year old!

Even for a batting genius, it's not easy for someone of his age to simply turn up after 4 cricket-less years and put up scores like that. Shows he might still be good enough to play in a domestic T20, something he should really consider doing!

He really deserves one last cricketing hurrah, something which he never actually got after his international retirement. It'd be great for the fans and would definitely give any tournament he plays in a considerable boost.
Never mind that, he'd still walk into the West Indies Test team.

^Haha, similar to this guy:

Just came to Know that Sean Ervine is Married to Shaun Marsh's Sister .

10891633_896061663757889_8798349254515216098_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread