General Cricket Discussion

When, and why, did people decide to start calling wickets 'poles'?

Yeah, but It just seemed to come out of the blue for no particular reason. I was wondering if there's a known origin.

danny morrison started doing it: and because he commentates on every dumb t20 tournament perhaps it spread to others?

i might be going to uni in poland next year; probably doing the migration thing a little backwards...

Giving Priority to Franchise teams over National team. Leaving A series In Mid for money.

I thought the whole side left the tour in the middle and that was due to money problem with WICB. I don't see why WICB have decided to punish only these 2 guys for that. They left out Sammy for ODI's against South Africa but then decided to include in the squad again. What was the reason behind that?

I thought the whole side left the tour in the middle and that was due to money problem with WICB.
Captain should not lead the team like this. If I am Not wrong pak & SL too had Money problem with their Respective boards but they didnt left the Series in the Middle.

So they should just accept that they lost about 75% of their livelihood with no warning...? West Indies salaries were low enough beforehand looking at most figures.

Captain should not lead the team like this. If I am Not wrong pak & SL too had Money problem with their Respective boards but they didnt left the Series in the Middle.

^ Exactly my point SamP. Imagine on your job, your salary is reduced by about 50% without even informing you. How would you feel? Players have just raised their opinion because they feel they are not being treated fairly. If WICB continues like that, of course you will see players putting franchises first before the national team because players will feel they are not being valued by their own board. And as I said in my last post, whole team supported Bravo when he said they want to quit the tour apart from Samuels probably. So if you are punishing, then punish the whole team and not just 2 players.

^ Exactly my point SamP. Imagine on your job, your salary is reduced by about 50% without even informing you. How would you feel?

If I suppose that question was for me which is certainly not but I'd still like to answer, that I'll never leave my job without completing the handed task or else I just would not agree to have a tour representing my company if I'm known about my salary cuts before I've been hired so I could save the time, money and the further workload of the hosts.

Sacking only Pollard and Bravo really doesn't refer to their disappointing activities in past though since not only they two but the whole team had been involved in same case anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread