General Cricket Discussion

@Spoony: That's why technology has not yet found its place in football, though it will soon.

Since their decisions are only overturned when they've definitely got it wrong, I'd say it's not exactly a bad thing that the decision is now correct?

There are still a little too many controversial caught behind/edges, but for the most part the system works well. If a batsman gets a massive inside edge onto their pad, it's only fair they're not given out. Likewise, when someone edges to first slip and it's not given out, it's good that the bowlers can get their due reward for it.

As a spinner, I also appreciate that it's tough for umpires to really judge what a ball is doing, so when you know you've bowled one that goes straight on and have hit them in front of middle, half way up the stumps I definitely like seeing them get their deserved wicket. The negative aspects of it, are a lot of players still refer marginal decisions rather than obvious clangers.

Well vs England the 3rd umpire looked like one who missed his appointment at spec savers. 2 Wrong decisions on a replay over turning the umpires that was correct in giving them out. And he had the luxury of 20 camera angles and super slow mo!!

In rugby the tv ref is there almost to give tries that was not scored. I say stuff it. If the guy in the middle makes a mistake so be it. Let the game go on. This start stop wait stuff is getting too much. After the odd bad decision is what makes sport so exciting and keeps the banter alive between the fans. :p

Since that day, cricket's TV money has been seeking a tournament India can't lose or at least can't be knocked out of so quickly. In this, the market has been aided by administrators happy to tinker with event structures to minimise that risk. To use banking jargon, the market has been hedging India.

Wisden - Five days is good for you

Interesting article, should have a read.

I hope he knows when he has to retire tbh ad make way for other players and not keep selectors guessing.

IMO, the reason India is successful is Virat Kohli alone. He is always there.
Sometimes it is Raina who gives him company, or one of the other batters chip in. But considering the potential of Indian batting, they are seriously below par, of what you would expect of them

minor article about these two written by a friend of mine:
Can Virat Kohli be India's New Sachin Tendulkar? - DailyTabla

DISCUSS: personally i don't think anybody can be the next Tendulkar for India but Virat is a high class player and should just continue doing what he is doing

Haha, he is far better, technically than Tendulkar, he may not soak up as much tests as Tendulkar has but he has single-handedly won more matches for his team in a short space than Tendulkar did in his lifetime, he has the goods to be the new Lara/Ponting of the new era!

Indeed, and a good decision by Lara, PCB really need to work hard to get the security to a proper level

Haha, he is far better, technically than Tendulkar, he may not soak up as much tests as Tendulkar has but he has single-handedly won more matches for his team in a short space than Tendulkar did in his lifetime, he has the goods to be the new Lara/Ponting of the new era!

Who's trolling now dude?? :noway Kohli is going well, but he's got a long way to go before we say he's a better player than Sachin. Right now? Yes of course he's better than 38 year old Sachin.

Who's trolling now dude?? :noway Kohli is going well, but he's got a long way to go before we say he's a better player than Sachin. Right now? Yes of course he's better than 38 year old Sachin.

Trolling, lolz.

Tendulkar is special he is one of the best to play the game but there are many who were/are better than him, Ponting in my book is the complete batsman in the world at present he is the living legend, before him was Lara and when Ponting retires I expect Kohli to be the best in the world, yes he is better than Sachin cuz he is a 38 year old, its time for him to retire he is just dragging his name further down in the gutter. His batting so far in the IPL: Champions League version has been absolutely horrible, is this how he should be remembered?

These are my personal views, was not intended to gain an attacking response from any member, rather an educated one with facts and not feelings/emotions!

His batting so far in the IPL: Champions League version has been absolutely horrible, is this how he should be remembered?

So you decide his batting and performance based on IPL and Champions league? How about the contribution he made for last 21 years to India and to the game of cricket?

So you decide his batting and performance based on IPL and Champions league? How about the contribution he made for last 21 years to India and to the game of cricket?

For us it means something but for the younger ones seeing him falter like this is detrimental to his legacy, many sportsmen have retired on a high, why not Sachin, its time for him to rest, stop being selfish and give the young guys a chance, if the Indians didnt had some depth in their batting and Sachin was scoring good then I would see a reason he should remain, but as of now there is absolutely no reason for him to stay!

Users who are viewing this thread